Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK... So I'll admit it, rollin "DUB style" ain't exactly for all Sonata owners [Me included] ...but DAAAMNN, there's something kinda cool about this ride.

I'll pass on the subs in the trunk and it needs to be raised about an inch or two but I guess I'm just glad to see we rate high enough for the tuners. I get the feeling there will be more where that came from too.

More here at Carscoop.com: Bad Boy 2011 Hyundai Sonata Turbo by Rides and 0-60 Magazines

·
Registered
623 Posts
Not sure if this was the tuners choice or if Hyundai commissioned them. There is already a thread on this in the "turbo" section.

This post to be moved there in 3... 2... 1...

·
Registered
854 Posts
Wow it's almost as if they went inside my head and made a car exactly how I would do it if I had a white Sonata! This is freaking me out! Same exact theme as my older 4 door civic!

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
C'mon moderators... don't move this one. This is more about the Sonata model itself than the turbo. The Sonata thread should get to enjoy it too.

·
Registered
268 Posts
QUOTE (eyecue @ Nov 2 2010, 08:59 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=368245
Wow it's almost as if they went inside my head and made a car exactly how I would do it if I had a white Sonata! This is freaking me out! Same exact theme as my older 4 door civic!
same here!

i really like the way they extended the the edge of the trunk without having to put on a lip spoiler. not to mention the fog lights.

i love it!

·
Registered
623 Posts
Well it hasn't been moved yet... I'm kinda shocked. Maybe because "turbo" is not in the header of this one (unlike last post on this car).

This is why the turbo thread is redundant. Other than the engine it is the same car.

QUOTE (eyecue @ Nov 2 2010, 05:59 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=368245
I know what you mean. I thought of the same thing, even painting that chrome side spear thing black. I know it's not that original of an idea, but still kinda crazy. I probably would have done just a black vinyl roof instead of carbon fiber though. Great car except for that rear bumper.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I don't like it. As I wrote in the other thread, it makes the car look too cartoony and boy-racer like, which in my opinion is an insult to the beautiful looks this car had going for it in the first place.

·
Registered
623 Posts
QUOTE (crayb @ Nov 2 2010, 10:51 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=368582
I'd like to paint my roof black like that. Looks great on white cars.

Ray
Do it!

You could always vinyl wrap in case you want to go back to stock.

If I had any other color of sonata, I would have already vinyl wraped it black and tinted the back window dark.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I want a few things from this Car
#1 Those Matt Black Headlights
#2 Matt Black Grille
#3 Alcantra Steering Wheel.( I really Hate the sonata Steering wheel not comfy at all)
#4 The rear molded in lip spoiler

·
Registered
152 Posts
If anyone wants to donate money, I'm taking up a collection to buy 'Hysteria' a Pair of glasses....This car is amazing!

·
Registered
255 Posts
QUOTE (rcweimer @ Nov 3 2010, 11:22 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=368844
If anyone wants to donate money, I'm taking up a collection to buy 'Hysteria' a Pair of glasses....This car is amazing!
Well of course I must be "blind" since I don't share the same vision and opinion about the SEMA Sonata as you do. I think that's the point your trying to get across, correct? I mean how else do you explain my differing opinion.

Insulting someone because they don't share the same opinions as you. How old are you again?

I have a differing opinion than you...deal with it. Petty insults from you isn't going to change how I feel about the car.

·
Registered
623 Posts
QUOTE (Hysteria @ Nov 3 2010, 09:18 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=368851
Well of course I must be "blind" since I don't share the same vision and opinion about the SEMA Sonata as you do. I think that's the point your trying to get across, correct? I mean how else do you explain my differing opinion.

Insulting someone because they don't share the same opinions as you. How old are you again?

I have a differing opinion than you...deal with it. Petty insults from you isn't going to change how I feel about the car.
I'm sure it was a light-hearted joke. I wouldn't call it a petty insult. Of course to each their own.

·
Registered
255 Posts
QUOTE (Ayces @ Nov 4 2010, 01:03 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=368866
I'm sure it was a light-hearted joke. I wouldn't call it a petty insult. Of course to each their own.
As is the case with the Internet, it's hard to tell if someone is joking or being rude when comments like that are made. If he was joking then so be it. That's all I really have to say.

·
Registered
152 Posts
yeah man i was just joking with you, you don't have to get all bent out of shape, and calling that an insult is stretching it just a bit.

·
Registered
255 Posts
QUOTE (rcweimer @ Nov 4 2010, 11:27 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=369115
yeah man i was just joking with you, you don't have to get all bent out of shape, and calling that an insult is stretching it just a bit.
Yeah I might have overreacted and for that I have to apologize. As I said before, when people make comments like that it's hard to tell if someone is joking or trying to be rude. Actually, I should thank you, because your comments reminded me that I had a problem with my prescriptions glasses that I wanted to get resolved with my optometrist for weeks but seeing how I've been preoccupied with other issues...it slipped my mind. Your comments kind of put that back on the forefront and now that issue will be resolved.

So Thanks :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts