Hyundai Forums banner

61 - 80 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Then they should have programmed a visual and functional duplicate of the old one in whatever new and improved whizbang system this is programmed in. There was nothing wrong with how it looked, which was far more visually appealing than this, and it functioned well also, doing what you expected the way you expected it to be done.
I would expect that vbulletin would then want a word with the site admins... heh...

·
Registered
381 Posts
At first blush, the UX is unintuitive. We are creatures of habit. Prior analytics such as navigation paths should have been considered in this redesign. Having a small button to even get to 'trending' is awful, given this was so prominent in the previous UX.

Sorry, but this is going to drive a few people nuts who are used to a certain look and feel.

·
Hyundai Forums Admin.
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
I don't know how much better or worse the site runs but the format is so bland! I think the red gave it some character.
Have you tried the dark mode yet?

I don't like it at all. I think it is a mess.
Can you tell me what you don’t like about it? Is there anything I can help you find?

Like most of us, I am a creature of habit, so it takes me a bit to get used to changes. (I was more than a little grumpy about it all at first.) I was lucky enough to get the chance to play with the new platform before they went live with it so I am already getting used to it. I have to admit that I am crazy about it now. It feels so much faster and is easy to use after a brief learning curve. Give it a few days and let me know if you start liking it too. :)

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
Clicked the squiggly arrow.
Clicked the new posts tab.
Clicked the thread title.
Expected to be taken to the first unread post.
Was taken to page 1 post 1, not where I last left off.
Clicked latest post button.
Taken to very end.
Scrolled backward to the point I last left off.
Began reading what I wanted to read.
So only 9 steps to do what the old forum did in 3 steps. :(

Also, when you click the blue Hyundai-Forums in the top left corner you should get the entire forums list to then be able to scroll to the one you want and get to it without an extra step to get the list. Like the old forum.

Final offer. I'll pay 5 lifetime fees to have the old forum back permanently.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Was taken to page 1 post 1, not where I last left off...
When I click the title on a thread that I had read prior, it takes me to where I left off.

Personally, I would prefer a choice of going to the beginning or where I left off. The old forum had a chevron on the far left. I'd also prefer "go to first unread" and "go to OP" links within the thread. Sometimes I want to review the OP to be sure I am still on-topic. I sometimes open one in a new tab so I can flip between them.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I normally don't like a black background but in this case, Dark Mode is the lesser of two evils. That BIG BLUE text makes me feel like I'm in kindergarten. It also reminds me of my former IT job where the old guys would use big fonts and ALL CAPS due to failing eyesight.

P.S. I tried to make the BIG BLUE text blue in colour but that option cannot be found. There is no font size either to make it really big.

·
Hyundai Forums Admin.
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
Clicked the squiggly arrow.
Clicked the new posts tab.
Was taken to page 1 post 1, not where I last left off.
Clicked latest post button.
Taken to very end.
Scrolled backward to the point I last left off.
Began reading what I wanted to read.
So only 9 steps to do what the old forum did in 3 steps. :(

Also, when you click the blue Hyundai-Forums in the top left corner you should get the entire forums list to then be able to scroll to the one you want and get to it without an extra step to get the list. Like the old forum.

Final offer. I'll pay 5 lifetime fees to have the old forum back permanently.
I will try to replicate this. What browser are you using? Mobile or desktop?
-Philip

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
Chrome desktop and it was the what did you do to your Sonata thread in that specific instance although it has happened at least one other time but I don't remember which thread.

And my offer to pay 5 lifetime fees if we permanently return to the old forum still stands.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Why does the ribbon with the navigation current location have to be so big? First off the font is HUGE so long titles don't even fit. Second, it pushes what is underneath off the page.
EDIT: Did not intend for the image to show twice When I chose to insert full image.
2019-07-14_06-45-01.jpg

·
Registered
95 Posts
I had a few minutes to research adding tint to my 19 SF. The only search option I have found searches all forums. The great search tool that was in the previous forum is gone. How can I accomplish this simple task?

·
Hyundai Forums Admin.
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
I had a few minutes to research adding tint to my 19 SF. The only search option I have found searches all forums. The great search tool that was in the previous forum is gone. How can I accomplish this simple task?
They are currently actively working on our search feature so that this can be accomplished again.

- Cricket

·
Hyundai Forums Admin.
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
How many more complaints before you make this forum easier to use like the one we had
It's not a matter of complaints. Member feedback is what helps fuel future updates to the site, so please keep it coming. We do compile all the feedback you share. Although we may not action everything, we are logging what users are saying. We will be continuously updating design and user experience with weekly updates. This is not an instant process. :)

- Cricket

61 - 80 of 107 Posts