Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my new limited for three weeks now, and I love the car. Unfortunately due to my schedule I don't have much spare time to handwash it, so I have run it through two touchless car washes. I'm already getting an apparent film on the windshield that is causing the wipers to chatter when in use. Is there a cleaner I can use to get both the windshield and wipers cleaned again so the wipers won't chatter when I use them. Regular glass cleaner didn't work.

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
Use 70% isopropyl alcohol. I use it for stripping waxes when detailing cars and it does a great job. I know the chatter you're talking about and yes, it is very annoying and is the main reason I stopped using touchless washes.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I use Stoner Invis. Glass on the inside windows.

Outside, make mix of 50% alchohol, 50% white vinegar and a small amount of windex (for a surfactant).
Use this and newspaper on the ouside glass & it will remove everything! Hard water marks, wax films,...

I know because the wax film on my windshield was driving me crazy!
Clean glass makes the car.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
QUOTE (cav @ Oct 4 2010, 07:39 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=360839

Outside, make mix of 50% alchohol, 50% white vinegar and a small amount of windex (for a surfactant).
Use this and newspaper on the ouside glass & it will remove everything! Hard water marks, wax films,...

Sounds good. I will definately do this. Thanks much!!

·
Registered
125 Posts
wash the windows with Dawn Dishwashing soap, it will remove the wax. Use a wet rag and a little dawn. Wipe the windows down then hose or wipe the windows off. If you get the soap on the paint, it will also remove the wax from the paint. so be sure to apply some wax if that happens.

·
Registered
58 Posts
QUOTE (cav @ Oct 4 2010, 08:39 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=360839

I thought Stoner Invisible Glass is only for the exterior windows? I remember reading it somewhere on the label that it should be used on the exterior window only.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts