Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello...
I bought santa fe crdi 2008 diesel engine two months ago.
There is water loss in the cooling system.
No leakage at all, in addition I've changed hoses and water pump.
The the radiator is new also.
What the problem could be?
Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello Grcauto and thank you.
The engine ignites good and the car runs normally speed and gear in time and no smoke or strange sounds!!!!!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yesterday a friend cut the intercooler hose and neutralized it ( bypass) it. He thought the water goes there, still the same problem this morning:mad:

·
Registered
578 Posts
Yesterday a friend cut the intercooler hose and neutralized it ( bypass) it. He thought the water goes there, still the same problem this morning:mad:
I guess he'll be buying a new hose and fixing the problem he caused? I'd be pressure testing and see if that indicates a leak.. I would'nt be too hasty discounting a leaky head gasket yet. has the coolant been correctly maintained and changed out on time? I'm currently working a on disaster project, 2008 D4EA in a Sonata, same head as your Santa Fe 2.2.

I get the impression looking at it it slowly corroded and was leaky under the gasket. Eventually it failed.

previous fool thought he'd fill it up with stop leak, blocked half the waterways in the head, blew the side tank off the radiator and head is now scrap, at least 0.5mm warp in the middle .

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm after all these tests ( stop leak liquid, press in radiator, press in radiator cap) I blew a hose and changed a more strong cap, computer test for sensors or any blocked part.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts