Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys I need some help.... I’ve read that it’s possibly the tail light but I want to be sure before I tear things apart. I have a 2010 genesis coupe which I’ve recently noticed condensation on my driver side tail light I live in Florida and we started having severe thunder storms and rain and I’ve noticed it got worse. One day I drove the car shortyly after it rained and I could hear water swishing around in the back as I braked the car and water was pouring in from under the seat I had maybe half an inch total on the back floor board the same thing happened yesterday and it’s starting to frustrate me.. if I take out the tail light and reseal it will this fix the issue? Anyone have any suggestions? I haven’t really noticed the trunk wet which I found weird but inside the tail light there is little puddles of water. Any help is appreciated!

·
Registered
2008 Accent 3 dr 5 sp manual; 2010 Genesis Coupe 2LT track 6 sp manual
8,840 Posts
Yes it is the taillight. Water runs down the trunk channels and flows over the taillight. But there is a gap and the water will flow behind the light. Over time organic matter builds up and the water will leak in.

Pretty simple to take the light out, 4 nuts.

You can get some closed cell foam weather strip to use to seal it better than the OE foam. I have some tape over the gap where the taillight and body meet. this needs redone every couple of years though.

Had water in the tire well this spring for me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes it is the taillight. Water runs down the trunk channels and flows over the taillight. But there is a gap and the water will flow behind the light. Over time organic matter builds up and the water will leak in.

Pretty simple to take the light out, 4 nuts.

You can get some closed cell foam weather strip to use to seal it better than the OE foam. I have some tape over the gap where the taillight and body meet. this needs redone every couple of years though.

Had water in the tire well this spring for me.

Thanks for the photos I was thinking about taping that too thankfully I got a day off coming up so I can knock this out. Appreciate it!

·
Registered
2008 Accent 3 dr 5 sp manual; 2010 Genesis Coupe 2LT track 6 sp manual
8,840 Posts
You can also get a clear easy to remove rtv like sealant.

Dap 18324 Seal 'N Peel Removable Caulk, 10.1-Ounce

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/18324-Seal-Removable-Caulk-10-1-Ounce/dp/B0002YVNOQ[/ame]

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You can also get a clear easy to remove rtv like sealant.

Dap 18324 Seal 'N Peel Removable Caulk, 10.1-Ounce

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/18324-Seal-Removable-Caulk-10-1-Ounce/dp/B0002YVNOQ[/ame]

The tape worked like a charm! Appreciate the pictures they helped a lot.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts