Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
13 Sonata: I've been battling a water leak somewhere - all 4 floorboards were soaked. Not a leaky heater core, or weatherseal issue as far as I can tell. Today found the rubber condensate drain tube was split at the end right where it connects to the bottom of the evaporator box, dripping water onto the front of the carpet near the passenger side. Drain tube is unobstructed. This is clearly a problem, I just don't see how that could've drenched the carpet all the way back on both sides, especially since the carpet doesn't go under the center console and could "wick" from one side to the other. Now it does in the back floorboard, but wow is it ALOT of water in the carpet. Cut the end off and reattached. Draining outside now so hopefully the cure has been found. Anyone else encounter this issue? I'm just convinced there is another explanation for this volume of water. No smell of antifreeze which would indicate a leaky heater core, and no better or worse when it rains..so it must be related to the AC condensate right?

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
I would think you have cured it...as you say "wick" (capillary action) and accelerated when it descends by gravity.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Do you have a sunroof? I had a similar issue last year and found that the drains in the sunroof well were obstructed and water (heavy rain storm) had backed up and ran down the posts into cabin. Cleared them out and no issues since.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
13 Sonata: I've been battling a water leak somewhere - all 4 floorboards were soaked. Not a leaky heater core, or weatherseal issue as far as I can tell. Today found the rubber condensate drain tube was split at the end right where it connects to the bottom of the evaporator box, dripping water onto the front of the carpet near the passenger side. Drain tube is unobstructed. This is clearly a problem, I just don't see how that could've drenched the carpet all the way back on both sides, especially since the carpet doesn't go under the center console and could "wick" from one side to the other. Now it does in the back floorboard, but wow is it ALOT of water in the carpet. Cut the end off and reattached. Draining outside now so hopefully the cure has been found. Anyone else encounter this issue? I'm just convinced there is another explanation for this volume of water. No smell of antifreeze which would indicate a leaky heater core, and no better or worse when it rains..so it must be related to the AC condensate right?
yes you are right, see it all the time. in some mazda the evap drain hose will get clog by spider web. lol. you can either use a water extractor, wet dry vacuum, or leave the running with ac on (window close, not circulation mode), or dehumidify.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts