Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was almost on empty, so filled up it up to full. A mere 4km (3 milesish) later, car started missing, idling crap, lack of power. So im presuming the fuel.

Anyways got home and want to take out the fuel pump to get some fuel out to check, but ran into some problems

1. when removing the back seats, i unclipped the front, got that off, but cant unhook the back.

2. The cover over the fuel tank is glued in. How do u get it off without wrecking it. I tried shoving something down the small hole and levering it but all that did was bend it.

And finally, if it is the fuel, how to i remove it?? Had a quick look under the car and couldnt see a drain/bolt

thanks

·
Registered
16 Posts
put something called dry gas in it to remove moisture im not sure where to get it or use seafoam, make sure you change your fuel filter, because your fuel level was so low,when filling up you could have stirred up the bottom of the gas tank that could have had dirt in it, this could have clogged your fuel filter so change that and you should be good to go. also you might as well do a "seafoam treatment" to restore any power you might have lost and strip off carbon deposits from the injectors and valves and pistons. look it up on youtube how to seafoam

1 - 2 of 2 Posts