Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
22,793 Posts
Condensation from heavily fogged windows and "recycled cabin air?" Go with external air during the defrost cycle. Too much moisture inside the cabin.

Judging from the outside view, you certainly haven't been to the car wash on recent days. I can't imagine it being a windshield leak or there would be wet trails coming down from the top seal. Just droplets? Condensation is my guess.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have my defrost set to use outside air. Last night, my windows were so fogged up all around that it was very difficult to see without actually wiping the inside of the windows with a cloth. The defroster on full would only clear the bottom half of the windshield. After an hour of driving, the top half of the windshield was still fogged up.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
22,793 Posts
I do understand your frustration. We have a "whole lot of glass" up there. Judging by your latest comment, the condensation factor definitely weighs in now. "Outside" air for the defrost cycle. And the window slightly opened is good advice, too. Even over night, provided you have a garage to protect the interior from intruding elements at night.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There was snow in the car last night since I took the kids sledding. But, I've gone through many snowstorms and rainstorms over the years, in many other vehicles, and never had anything this bad on the inside. Would tinted windows or the smaller cabin size, as opposed to a minivan or compact suv make that much difference.

·
22,793 Posts
There was snow in the car last night since I took the kids sledding. But, I've gone through many snowstorms and rainstorms over the years, in many other vehicles, and never had anything this bad on the inside. Would tinted windows or the smaller cabin size, as opposed to a minivan or compact suv make that much difference.

First time you've taken the kids sledding in the car? First time this has occurred? Smaller cabin area may be part of it. I'm not smart enough to say, or comment on the tint effect, either. Lots of "warm little bodies" inside there last night. Extra moisture with snow.

·
22,793 Posts
+1 ^^^ Nice thinking. BTW, that's one nasty looking filter. Surprised any air movement was felt inside.

·
Registered
8,626 Posts
Ha it was disgusting. :)
On both my Hyundais where you have to drop the glove box to get to them it's quite the pain. My hands are so big I cannot have my hand inside the box and have the box closed enough to get the clips loose. I have to butcher them with a long needle nose pliers. So I don't change them very often. I need to change the one on the Accent as it's been in there for a couple of years.

·
Registered
161 Posts
As OkieRich said ,too much moisture inside the cabin,i've experienced that beginning as a frost on the interior surface of the windshield, and as the cabin warms up that frost turns into water droplets,i usually experience that after I wash the all weather floor mats and place them inside without drying them up ,so check your floor mats and your carpet ,it might be wet from snow, slush.

·
Registered
461 Posts
the fogging sounds to me like they have it on recirc, like every one else says water drops on inside is normal due to the environmental conditions at the time. Sometimes I have water on inside, sometimes I don't.

·
22,793 Posts
With all the intelligence offered on here, I should never, EVER, suffer with inside fogging, again. I like the remedies and the common sense approach, fellas! Nice job. Signed, Appreciative! :thumbsup: :clap:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts