Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this not long after a rain storm . The moisture is on the inside of the back window and side rear door glass . As for the cowl , there's no drainage hole(s).Need to make this a priority .
IMG_3067.JPG
IMG_3074.JPG
IMG_3073.JPG
IMG_3071.JPG
IMG_3073.JPG
IMG_3072.JPG
IMG_3070.JPG
IMG_3061.JPG
IMG_3062.JPG
IMG_3063.JPG

·
Registered
188 Posts
The moisture is likely from the natural air vents located along the bottom of the rear window on the inside. I've had this happen to all the sedans I've owned for the past fifteen years which have had those, since I live in a very hot and humid climate. Seems normal to me.

The cowl though, I absolutely agree. Mine gets flooded with water and leaves since unfortunately I neither have a garage nor a carport, and my driveway is covered by a canopy of deciduous trees (meaning fall is the worst). I often clean it out myself since, if I don't, it either goes all over the windshield once I start to drive, or it finds its way under the hood, despite the good job they did of sealing up the engine bay.

Small issues as far as I'm concerned, but inconvenient to be sure.

·
Registered
25 Posts
That's strange about the windshield cowl. I just bought a 2019 Kia Rio (essentially the same car--both the Rio and the Accent are built by Kia in the same Mexican factory), and it has drain holes on both ends. I washed the car yesterday, and the water drained out quickly. It seems like a pretty basic oversight not to include drain holes.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Took these pics of a '19 and had 2 drain holes on passenger side . Went out to car after rain and water had collected on cowl like pics above . Decided to use tip of finger to clear the area where the hole should be and water started to flow down through it onto the ground underneath the car . Must be the hole was clogged with dark black debri that blended in perfectly with the plastic . So the hole was there all the time :rolleyes:. Now I know enough to keep it clear .
IMG_3306.JPG
IMG_3307.JPG
IMG_3308.JPG
IMG_3320.JPG
IMG_3319.JPG

1 - 7 of 7 Posts