Hyundai Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Banned
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently decided to post on another less traveled automotive forum because there were virtually no Sonata Hybrid owners on it.

Now I understand why.

Check out the last 3 or 4 pages of midsize sedans thread:

Hyundai Sonata Forums & Discussions - Car Forums - Edmunds

Its chocked full of Honda fan boyz that post very bad info and even some outright lies without repercussions even after mods are alerted.
Very little support for HShs.

email from edmonds mod:

We don't "fact check" every post on our site - it's supposed to be a conversation, not a contest to see who is most correct about a particular vehicle.

My reply:

I accept that and don't mind a debate with proof but this poster totally fabricated this as i have listened to the actual podcast.
I did respond and correct him on the thread.
Much of my info is backed up with a link; most of his is not.

I been a member there for years but the lack of activity made primarily a 'read only' member until recently when I traded for a 2013 Sonata Hybrid.
The mid sized sedans thread is posted on every sedan forum so Fusion, Accord, Camry, etc. venues are linked to it.

Most Sonata Hybrid owners prefer Hyundai-Forums.com and Gerde's clean mpg venue because there is no bias toward our hybrids.

One Autoblog podcast cited on the edmunds site (#340) was especially rough on the HShs.
Never knew Autoblog existed until today.
Any observations about it?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Autoblog didn't seem to have much info on it for fuel-saving cars, they seemed more geared toward car performance if I remember correctly. I prefer the 2 forums you mentioned.

·
Banned
17 Posts
The Edmunds site is most likely more honest about the Hyundai Hybrid. As the vehicle is a total fraud, any post singing its praise is either fraudulent itself or the writer a sucker!
If you want a true hybrid, sell your Hyundai for $1,000. if you can fetch that much, and purchase a Toyota Prius.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
The Edmunds site is most likely more honest about the Hyundai Hybrid. As the vehicle is a total fraud, any post singing its praise is either fraudulent itself or the writer a sucker!
If you want a true hybrid, sell your Hyundai for $1,000. if you can fetch that much, and purchase a Toyota Prius.
There are many very happy Hyundai owners on this forum who have had issues with their cars in the past, myself included. If you are truly here to get some assistance from people who have had similar experiences as you, then you may be able to be pointed in the right direction as far as getting the car working the way it was designed to work. If you are here just to stir the pot and play games with the people here, then you are wasting everyone's time.
Look at this link to start helping yourself get the repair you need:
http://www.hyundai-forums.com/229-sonata-yf-hybrid/162191-new-multi-ecu-update.html

·
Registered
218 Posts
Eh... i think you need to give the forum members much more information about your issue that you are having with your vehicle if u have a question. There is a vast amount of knowledge here.

Besides, there were many reasons why i personally didn't go the prius route despite my belief that toyota probably has the best technology in the biz to date.

·
Registered
237 Posts
You write like a "troll" but for your information :
I have owned one of each of them for over two years and just replaced the 09 Prius with a 2013.
Speaking from my experience...they are different cars serving different purposes.
Purely great mpg with acceptable performance...Prius.
Traditional all around ride and performance with much better than average highway mpg...Hyundai Sonata Hybrid.
Preference? It's like strawberries and peaches. I love them both depending on my needs and mood.
Highway comfort...Sonata after the last TSBB)
)Saving gas and $...Prius

·
Banned
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
350 Posts

So, I'll make you an offer of $1,001 for your HSH. Then you can go ahead and buy a Prius and start trolling their forums.

Seriously if you really want to be a troll you're gonna have to up your game. At least make make a few legit posts before you start poking the stick in the beehive.

·
2,258 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
So, I'll make you an offer of $1,001 for your HSH. Then you can go ahead and buy a Prius and start trolling their forums.

Seriously if you really want to be a troll you're gonna have to up your game. At least make make a few legit posts before you start poking the stick in the beehive.
Ha, true. I didn't even realize how few posts this troll had until you said that.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Edmunds has always had a ridiculous Japanese bias; stopped wasting my time reading their stuff years ago.

Have owned Toyota Honda etc , they weren't magic cars, they broke like everything else.
I agree with the bland styling comment.

·
Banned
17 Posts

Not sure what trolling is but my 2011 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid has been a disaster from the day I drove it off the lot; it a complete lemon and Hyundai won't help. If this is the wrong thread in which to voice my opinion about how awful Hyundai is, then I apologize and will post in another thread.
I'm not here to pester anyone so I will more thoroughly search the threads to post to a more like-minded audience.
To anyone offended, my apologies - not trolling or baiting or whatever, just posted in the wrong forum.
Regards

·
Banned
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That sounds like a good exit strategy as I doubt ANY member or reader is going to take ANYTHING else you post HERE seriously.

There's another Hyundai hater named thegraduate on the Edmonds site.
Sure you'll be welcomed over there.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Well it seems this guy is miffed on how he has struggled to get results from the dealer. Maybe they are using this car for purely city driving and not for highway? I am interested in hearing more as to what extent he is having trouble with the hsh. He has to give more information to the people here in order for us to help.

·
Banned
17 Posts
Well it seems this guy is miffed on how he has struggled to get results from the dealer. Maybe they are using this car for purely city driving and not for highway? I am interested in hearing more as to what extent he is having trouble with the hsh. He has to give more information to the people here in order for us to help.
Thanks, finally a voice of reason. As I've clearly posted on the wrong thread, I found another thread that deals with customer complaints. Sometimes consumers do not like hearing that what they've chosen might be a flawed product for someone else. I was contrite and stated that I'd post somewhere else but the flamers insist that to not love a Hyundai product is to offend their sensibilities e.g. you cannot play in our sand box unless you agree with us!
I clearly have a flawed Hyundai Sonata Hybrid - not beyond imagination - every car manufacturer spits out a lemon from time to time. It's how an individual car manufacture handles that scenario that prove or disprove their credibility.
But as this is not the appropriate thread to vent such issues, I will politely thank you all for your time and move to a more succinct thread.
Regards

·
Banned
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
I need a shovel . . . . .

The latest nonsense from edmonds:

He may be one of the paid trolls employed by Hyundai to post cheerleading messages on forums such as this.
Much of the buzz over the 2010 Sonata came from those sources and has not proven to be legit.

There were even whispers about the company making deals with reviewers on the net to influence their reports about the car too. However he picked a pretty stupid argument in this case since it was so easily disproven.

I do understand there are some paid pro complainers out there.
You know, trying to flame up with totally false posts.

Trebor did not respond with a VIN yet.
I got two well placed contacts with high volume Hyundai dealers who could possibly help him sort out his situation.

·
Banned
17 Posts
I got two well placed contacts with high volume Hyundai dealers who could possibly help him sort out his situation.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! Just got it, will send you my VIN tomorrow morning. Appreciate it!

·
Banned
17 Posts
There are many very happy Hyundai owners on this forum who have had issues with their cars in the past, myself included. If you are truly here to get some assistance from people who have had similar experiences as you, then you may be able to be pointed in the right direction as far as getting the car working the way it was designed to work. If you are here just to stir the pot and play games with the people here, then you are wasting everyone's time.
Look at this link to start helping yourself get the repair you need:
http://www.hyundai-forums.com/229-sonata-yf-hybrid/162191-new-multi-ecu-update.html
Sorry, thanks for the update information; I was in a few weeks ago for an software update but the service mngr. indicated it would not address drivability issues which is in sharp contrast with the update information you provided.
I would have thought all Hyundai dealerships would be up to date but perhaps not. I will call my dealer tomorrow and find out.
Again, thanks!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.