21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
QUOTE (eyecue @ Aug 19 2010, 11:26 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=350429
well in florida you wash it just like it's summer :bwekk:
You better RUN! *holds rotten tomato in menacing manner*

QUOTE (RXDOC @ Aug 19 2010, 11:40 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=350439
Same thing I do in the summer, take my car through touchy touch automatic car wash for $4.99. I hope the people on the board realize that this is no classic or exotic car, After all this is a Hyundai! :whistling:
Why would I not want to take care of my car? Why should I drive around with brush scratches in my paint?

·
Registered
106 Posts
QUOTE (lazy @ Jun 19 2010, 05:08 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=334496
I was thinking the same thing, but a lot of people on this board seem to have a lot of problems with going through automated car washes.
Same thing I do in the summer, take my car through touchy touch automatic car wash for $4.99. I hope the people on the board realize that this is no classic or exotic car, After all this is a Hyundai! :whistling:

·
Registered
747 Posts
Hyundai or Rolls, it doesn't matter how much I pay for it, no sense getting the paint scratched..

I am lucky though , I have a hand wash car wash in my area..... :bwekk:

·
Registered
32 Posts
QUOTE (lazy @ Jun 19 2010, 02:08 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=334496
I was thinking the same thing, but a lot of people on this board seem to have a lot of problems with going through automated car washes.
I can't find posts about "problems going through automated car washes". Are there issues with this car specifically? or is it just automated car washes in general? I have never had issues with automated ones in my area, and I've taken my other cars through them for many years. I guess I would rather have the paint clean in winter (when possible) than have abrasive dirt resting on the surface for weeks. (Which is also so inviting to some little brat to write "wash me" on it.)

·
Registered
90 Posts
I use Protect-All Quick n Easy Wash (http://www.protectall.com/qelong.aspx) which employs a minimum of water yet does a great job. It's useful not only for winter but also for extended road trips where I pack it along with a collapsible bucket to get rid of road grime and bugs.

This stuff allows handwashing in a garage during the winter without causing problems with excess water.

·
Registered
255 Posts
In the spring/summer/fall I'll hand wash my cars and detail them in the yard. Typically in the summer if it's excessively hot, I'll wash the cars directly under the carport, although doing it there is a little cramped. During the winter, depending on the temps I'll wash them in the yard. When it gets too cold in the winter to actually wash my cars in the yard, I'll take them to where my dad works and wash it there with my own stuff since their indoor garage area is heated. Typically here in SC, especially in the "Midlands" area, if road crew puts down salt or whatever on the roads...it's universally deemed that it's too dangerous for anyone to be on the road and as such I usually take an inclement weather day off from work.

·
Registered
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
2,291 Posts
Well living in the Twin Cities, there is no option to hand wash anything after November. So I use the local brushless gas station carwash or (time permitting) drop it at Paradise Car Wash near work. Place does magic in removing the salty slag that forms on cars in the winter. Also, a good rinse with a pressure wand at the coin-op stalls between real washes helps.

D**n northern plains---i gotta move to the Southwest US

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
QUOTE (Tom Brodrick @ Aug 21 2010, 10:49 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=350854
I can't find posts about "problems going through automated car washes". Are there issues with this car specifically? or is it just automated car washes in general? I have never had issues with automated ones in my area, and I've taken my other cars through them for many years. I guess I would rather have the paint clean in winter (when possible) than have abrasive dirt resting on the surface for weeks. (Which is also so inviting to some little brat to write "wash me" on it.)
Automated washes typically use brushes that cause scratches in the paint. Swirl marks if you will. People want to hand wash to avoid this issue.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.