Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the windshield washer plumbing have a check valve somewhere to keep fluid in the line from bleeding back?

Thx

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, seems like I stumped the band.

My washer was not pulling up fluid although I could hear the pump turning. Took the little hose connection loose close to the passenger's side hinge that goes under the plastic guard and I could blow through both sides so it wasn't plugged. Couldn't find the check valve. Removed the plastic guard and the nozzles. Couldn't down blow through the top of one nozzle but I could the other.

Turns out the check valves are in the nozzles to keep the fluid in the lines so that pump doesn't have prime every time it's used. Ordered a pair of the correct nozzles from eBay LightKorea and checked them, sure enough they are one way. $25 delivered and 20 minutes of work and have a working washer again.

Thought I would post here for others in case someone else had the problem and could benefit from the information. My 2012 2.0T has 130k miles on it and runs like a top without any leaks or burning any oil.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts