Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Last week, my wife tapped a snowbank enough to crack it (looks cosmetic but have not had it to the body shop).

Now, it is blowing the washer pump fuse any time you engage it. The wipers work fine, but the moment it is switched to washer the fuse pops before any fluid is moved.

My guess is this is a ground contact issue. Any idea where the ground wire for the washer is? Would it be a separate ground than the wipers?

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
the ground is the frame itself in a car. follow the wiring from the pump, but its possible the pump itself has been damaged. with the fluid tank at the front, i believe that is where the pump should be...keep in mind i have never seen an azera. that is just hyundai's typical design.

only way is to get in there and examine both wiring and the pump itself. a damaged pump motor would cause this easily.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the ground is the frame itself in a car. follow the wiring from the pump, but its possible the pump itself has been damaged. with the fluid tank at the front, i believe that is where the pump should be...keep in mind i have never seen an azera. that is just hyundai's typical design.

only way is to get in there and examine both wiring and the pump itself. a damaged pump motor would cause this easily.
- 15 right now, colder tomorrow, so I will not get to it for a few days when it warms up. Will post what I find here. Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts