Hyundai Forums banner
41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Having a ongoing problem with my 2013 Santa Fe Sport 2.0T. The washer fluid system is freezing up and refuses to work even when slightly below freezing (both front and back). I had the car in for service at the dealer on that issue today and they replaced the wiring to the washer fluid pump but this has made no difference. They also replaced the washer fluid with the Hyundai brand. Within 4 hours of leaving the dealership the system has frozen up again.

There's something else odd too. When the system freezes up and you push forward or back on the wiper stalk BOTH wipers activate (doesn't matter which direction I push). It is only -8c out today. This is Canada and obviously I need the ability to clean my front and rear when driving -- especially in winter. I am very frustrated to have wasted day plus the repair cost and still have a defective windshield washer system. I consider this a major safety issue. Was on the highway Friday night and at times I could barely see out! Ended up using road spray from other vehicles to clean my windshield!

Anyone else have this issue, and is there a fix for this?
Hey, I feel like people are missing the point of this post. My 2014 is doing the same thing and I can’t figure it out. It’s not dirt…. I only use -45 washer fluid … still nothing makes it go. I’ve had the system apart many times and still nothing. Hyundai needs to come up with a fix it’s a major safety hazard.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Try a slight positive pressure at the tank with a rubber bulb, plug the over-flow. I would also suggest a "Rain-X" application.

·
Premium Member
638 Posts
(if still a problem using -25 fluid).....
Isoprophyl alcohol added to the reservoir fluid cures the icing.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts