Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I never had a car with so many recessed areas. After washing the car, drying is a bit annoying. Water gets trapped along the trim/rubber along the windows and also the headlights and tails...creates a lot of drip trails. Just hope everything is sealed well.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Far from the worst vehicle I've owned in terms of hiding water, but also not the best. I find the grille, inner tails (the ones mounted on the trunk lid) and the area where the side mirrors are mounted to the doors to be the worst. I use a blow gun on attachment on an air compressor to get the water out of those little crevices.

For what it's worth, I've washed my car at least once a week since owning it. Monday marks 1 year of ownership, and thus far, I've had no issues with water getting into places it shouldn't, including the sunroof.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Big pita... I own a black Elantra wash it dry it then drive 5 mins down the road and get water spots... So frustrating. Normally once I get home from a touchless was I use some spray detailer to touch up any water spots then do the whole car with a spray wax. Works for me.

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
On the Sonata, the side mirrors hold water. I either use a leaf blower or an air gun to get the water out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts