Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
3 weeks after getting my new 'Style' it got it's first proper wash. I thought it came up quite nice, so I took a few snaps with my BB and thought i'd share with you guys.
Process was rinse, wash, dry, clay, wash, dry & finally wax. Interior was just a quick hoover and wipe down, oh and all glass cleaned.

Hope you like the pics :grin:

If anyone else would like to show either their filthy or clean cars here, bring it on :bwekk:

·
Premium Member
15,116 Posts
love the teddy bear :D

but seriously, where did you buy the clay bar from and what did you think of it?........l have yet to use one but l am seriously thinking of giving it a go shortly

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In a nutshell, I love clay!
All my cleaning stuff is Meguiars, bought from either Halfords (3 for 2 offer at the moment) or a local independent car spare place. Claying is excellent for getting surface contaminants off the paintwork...... wash your car then gently run your hand over the paintwork, any tiny little specks you may feel is stuff that has 'bonded' to the paint, claying removes all this yuk.
You have to use a lubricant, and plenty of it, when you clay. Best bet is to get something like this to start with, plus some decent shampoo.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Jeeze Mr P. For a while I thought you had a massive double scratch down the bodywork - third picture down. Took me 10 seconds to realize it was that barrier in the reflection. All credit to the polisher!

Think I'll give the old clay a go too. I've never tried it before, but I do love my little i10 and i'd like to keep it in showroom condition as long as possible. Over time, as the bodywork damage and imperfections start to accumulate, to the mind the car is no longer 'new', and so things just aren't the same; so the longer I have a perfect 'new' car the better :thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts