Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 GLS, I ride my motorcycle alot, so I only have about 2.5k miles on the Tuscon, had it since June. Anyway, after having it serverl weeks, I was leaving a parking lot, put the car in gear, and heard/felt a little bump... didn't think much of it... and then started to move out the the parking space.... notice the car felt sluggish... got on the road, and I had to push the pedal way down... and it still had no power, I look at the dash, and the gear indicator, and instead of saying D it was blank.... I tried to **** it manuel, and still nothing... so I pulled over, put the car in park, and it still showed blank... I turn the car off, and restarted it, and then P showed up.. and it was fine. so I think must of been a commincation problem, a fluck I hope... well couple weeks later, I got in my car in the driveway, started it up, put it in drive, and heard/felt the little noise again.... look at the indicator, and it's blank... so I put it back into park.. and turn the car off... I turn it back on.. and it's still blank... so I think maybe I should move the gear shift down to D and back up... well the shift was locked.... couldn't move it out of park... I had to shut the car back off, and pust the key in the shift unlock hole by the shifter... I then put the key back in the ignation and turn it to on, and was then able to move the gear selector... so I move it down to D and then back to P, then I started the car, and it was fine, back to normal.

Took it do they dealar to have them check it (figured it would be a wast of time, since it was not doing it at the time) they came back and said there is a problem with the gear slector sensor (something like that) and they would have to order it, and to call them in a bout a week..) so in the mean time the car didn't do it again, so the part came in and I took it in and they replaced it... not sure where it is, but the issue hasn't come back yet..

Just thought I would put this out there, in case someone else had this weired issue..

·
Registered
161 Posts
Hi,

I haven't had this issue, nor heard of it, but it sounds like the dealer was able to take care of it. My transmission has been trouble-free.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had a strange isssue with my tranny yesterday. Driving home from work i stepped on the gas, then the brake quickly and back on the gas (stop and go traffic on rt 9 sucks!). Anyways, when i stepped back on the gas the car didn't move, but the rpm's went up to 3000, after i laid off the gas for a second it kicked back into gear and kept moving as if nothing was wrong. VERY strange. If it happens again I'll have it checked out but that wasn't a fun experience.

·
Registered
17 Posts
QUOTE (JBM7777 @ Oct 7 2010, 05:22 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=361851
I had a strange isssue with my tranny yesterday. Driving home from work i stepped on the gas, then the brake quickly and back on the gas (stop and go traffic on rt 9 sucks!). Anyways, when i stepped back on the gas the car didn't move, but the rpm's went up to 3000, after i laid off the gas for a second it kicked back into gear and kept moving as if nothing was wrong. VERY strange. If it happens again I'll have it checked out but that wasn't a fun experience.
Exact same thing on my limited

It done a couple of time but never do it again till begening of september

·
Registered
5 Posts
So ok, heads up here... they are replacing my transmission? 8100 miles and my Tranny is being swapped out... what is that all about? I've completely lost faith in the quality of my vehicle. I appreciate the dealership going to this length to remedy any issues but this is a MAJOR problem here. I feel that any equity in the vehicle is now out the door. Who else would buy a car with 8000 miles and a replaced transmission? The worst part is that I'm convinced that the dealership doesn't even know why they are replacing it. I was told that there must be some sort of defect but its best to just replace the trans. WOW!!! This is the car in my sig 2011 fwd. Anyone else with tranny issues should get theirs checked out asap.

·
Registered
71 Posts
QUOTE (JBM7777 @ Oct 7 2010, 05:22 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=361851

Same problem on my 2010 Limited AWD, but the dealership blew me off, saying they found no codes and no problems during my test drive. It has done this at least seven or eight times since Summer. Thank you for bringing this to our attention!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts