Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had an issue with my tranny shifting hard into 3rd gear I believe. The dealer said they have to reprogram the computer and it is not covered under warrenty. Should it be???? I have an 05 with 52,000 miles.....Why wouldn't it be covered?

Thanks Tony

·
Registered
14 Posts
I had the same thing. It didnt do anything. They called it an ECM reprograming(100 bucks). Its not covered because nothing is fixed they just reprogram the computer.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok then.....Thanks for the info....I do think the dealer should cover this, but you know how dealers are..........................

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
QUOTE (tony05santafe @ Sep 7 2010, 09:10 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=354936
I had an issue with my tranny shifting hard into 3rd gear I believe. The dealer said they have to reprogram the computer and it is not covered under warrenty. Should it be???? I have an 05 with 52,000 miles.....Why wouldn't it be covered?

Thanks Tony
5/60.... they'll get paid for it from Hyundai

Also have #82 for LINEAR THROTTLE RESPONSE ... I do these all the time while they here for warranty drive issues.. did #82 on last car here before lunch..

There program will update the TCM, You'll be needing a trans here... stupid/goofy acting 3-4 shift that may jerk in & out or slam into next gear....

BTW, trans starts out in 2nd with the 3.5 Santa Fe 5 speed trans.. I replace something like 5 last year,, all for 3-4 jerk in/out during shift and slam... play it right and you can horse it to go wild slamming in-out during shift, kinda funny to see how long you can keep it slamming..

Anyway, they should claim their GDS scan time, update TCM and reset adaptive, return vehicle for you drive and seei f it re-occur (which it will) -- been there -- done that already..

Now go back with this info printed and tell them git''er done with what I have written.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
QUOTE (sbr711 @ Sep 9 2010, 12:55 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=355261
5/60.... they'll get paid for it from Hyundai

Also have #82 for LINEAR THROTTLE RESPONSE ... I do these all the time while they here for warranty drive issues.. did #82 on last car here before lunch..

There program will update the TCM, You'll be needing a trans here... stupid/goofy acting 3-4 shift that may jerk in & out or slam into next gear....

BTW, trans starts out in 2nd with the 3.5 Santa Fe 5 speed trans.. I replace something like 5 last year,, all for 3-4 jerk in/out during shift and slam... play it right and you can horse it to go wild slamming in-out during shift, kinda funny to see how long you can keep it slamming..

Anyway, they should claim their GDS scan time, update TCM and reset adaptive, return vehicle for you drive and seei f it re-occur (which it will) -- been there -- done that already..

Now go back with this info printed and tell them git''er done with what I have written.

So what is #82? They did reset the adaptive. Are you saying I need a new tranny so fight for one? This dealer will not budge at all. I just spent over 1300 for maintainence and such..

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
QUOTE (tony05santafe @ Sep 9 2010, 02:14 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=355274
So what is #82? They did reset the adaptive. Are you saying I need a new tranny so fight for one? This dealer will not budge at all. I just spent over 1300 for maintainence and such..

#82,,, see picture...

Have them install the transmission update(s) as found in the ECU UPDATE screen on the GDS also !!

If your dealer is being snotty..... go to another dealer with ALL the info I have posted .. In the end, providing everything is updated, and it still acts stupid (transmission),,, then replace the transmission..

BEEN THERE // DONE THAT many times already withthem 3.5 Santa Fe auto transmission.

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
QUOTE (sbr711 @ Sep 9 2010, 02:37 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=355282
#82,,, see picture...

Have them install the transmission update(s) as found in the ECU UPDATE screen on the GDS also !!

If your dealer is being snotty..... go to another dealer with ALL the info I have posted .. In the end, providing everything is updated, and it still acts stupid (transmission),,, then replace the transmission..

BEEN THERE // DONE THAT many times already withthem 3.5 Santa Fe auto transmission.

Cool..This works for 2005 as well? You located in NJ?

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
QUOTE (tony05santafe @ Sep 9 2010, 03:55 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=355297
Cool..This works for 2005 as well?
I may be wrong on the trans update, I looked in GDS in manual mode, and nothing came up, I know there is TCM updates for 2.7

You located in NJ?
No

1 - 9 of 9 Posts