Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend owns an 04 XG350L and has been very happy with it. No problems so far. It's a beautiful car and feels like its well built.
As for the warranty, i have that the bumper to bumper covers almost everything , but it does not cover the radio and paint .Is this true?

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi Alber....
The radio and paint aren't covered past 36k, but thats standard across every company. The Bumper to bumper warrenty covers most of the expensive parts as long as you maintain the car properly. I have owned 2 Hyundais and never felt the need to buy the extended warranty.
So feel cool and
good luck

Originally posted by Alber@Jul 10 2004, 09:50 AM
My friend owns an 04 XG350L and has been very happy with it. No problems so far. It's a beautiful car and feels like its well built.
As for the warranty, i have that the bumper to bumper covers almost everything , but it does not cover the radio and paint .Is this true?
[snapback]24[/snapback]​

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi ........
I don't know why you think the bumper to bumper doesn't cover as many parts as it should. To my knowledge, the only items not covered are bulbs, wiper blades and brake linings After the first 12 months or 12,000 miles. That seems veryreasonable to me. The stereo system and tires fall under a separate warranty, the first for three years/36,000 .

Originally posted by Rosemary@Jul 18 2004, 01:03 PM
hi Alber....
The radio and paint aren't covered past 36k, but thats standard across every company. The Bumper to bumper warrenty covers  most of the expensive parts as long as you maintain the car properly. I have owned 2 Hyundais and never felt the need to buy the extended warranty.
So feel cool and
good luck
[snapback]181[/snapback]​

·
Registered
1 Posts
Originally posted by Alber@Jul 10 2004, 01:50 AM
[snapback]24[/snapback]​

I have a 2002 350 XL and have had fairly good service from the vehicle. Recently some bird droppings got on my car and were washed off within 24 hours. However, they went through the clear coat and the paint right down to bare metal. I, too was told that the warranty did not cover this. I looked at the user guide and it lists bird droppings as normal outdoor exposure. The warranty gives 3 years/36000 mile coverage for the paint against "Normal outdoor exposure". I am in the process of suing Hyundai for coverage under the warranty.

·
Registered
52 Posts
sorry to tell you man that you did a big mistake...

all that things that come from the birds are more dangerous to the painting of the car more than the chemicals.

if you left that on your car more than 5 hours it will ruin your painting.....

but stay calm and fight for your rights....they have to solve this for you...

I did the same mistake( to be hounour with you) and the painting is faint now in that spot..

The dealer in my country are very bad...so what I did was to polish my car painting and that solve 70 % of the problem.

Have a nice time.

MMK

1 - 5 of 5 Posts