Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope its ok posting this here. I bought an 2009 Hyundai accent in July from a manufactures dealership. First I had problems with the stabilizer. They fixed it no problem. Now I think it's the starter solenoid. does the warrenty cover this? has anyone had this problem?

·
Premium Member
15,116 Posts
QUOTE (Charmingheather @ Oct 11 2010, 08:15 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=362718
I hope its ok posting this here. I bought an 2009 Hyundai accent in July from a manufactures dealership. First I had problems with the stabilizer. They fixed it no problem. Now I think it's the starter solenoid. does the warrenty cover this? has anyone had this problem?

any problem with the starter motor would be covered by your warranty

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Just put starter on newer Accent a couple week ago, turn key and bare hear audible click of solenoid, and starter drive was kinda noisey..

It was a 5/60 repair

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am on my 3rd starter for my 2009 Hyundai Accent. I have 85000 KM on the vehicle and have had 2 other Hyundai Accents in the past that I have bought new also from the local dealership. Although all have been under warranty, I find it strange that the starter has gone 2x in less than 5 years. Has anyone else had this issue?

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Bad batch of starters ?
Ford f150's in the 2004-2005 new major upgrade year also had a high frequency of failure, that never reappeared AFAIK.

Cars are made up of thousands of parts ; from dozens of different manufacturers ; definetly annoying as ****. Years ago failures on starters/alternators were so common no one even talked about it.

Maybe you drove down magnetic hill too many times !!

·
Banned
532 Posts
Bad batch of starters ?
Ford f150's in the 2004-2005 new major upgrade year also had a high frequency of failure, that never reappeared AFAIK.

Cars are made up of thousands of parts ; from dozens of different manufacturers ; definetly annoying as ****. Years ago failures on starters/alternators were so common no one even talked about it.
Reminds me of Chrysler story, camshafts were lathed & machined then checked twice for QC by two different people- they turned out around 1200 cams a day on any one of many lines. Anyway, they all became buddies and ended up in a bowling league, each one was a truly professional tradesman, they trusted the work done by the other.

They all got liquored up during league one night, went in hungover with each one thinking Sam's never turned out a bad one, if he does Bill in QC will catch it, we've never had a bad one on our line that Bills caught so I'll just oil it and send it on, no need for me to QC it again.

Around 6-8 months later there were about 1200 engine failures and a few weeks after that a different type of QC process was put in place rotating inspectors, teams and operators to a different line every few hours.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts