Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if in warranty dealer service can still be performed at any Hyundai dealer or it has to be at the selling dealers service dept. I know it used to be you could take to any Hyundai dealer for service but it has been a few years since my Santa Fe was covered by factory warranty

·
Registered
7,163 Posts
It's not at all unusual for the dealer who came up with the best deal to not have the best service department in the area. Take it to whichever one you think does the best job for you.

·
Banned
7,070 Posts
QUOTE (canderson @ Apr 21 2010, 05:45 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=315456
It's not at all unusual for the dealer who came up with the best deal to not have the best service department in the area. Take it to whichever one you think does the best job for you.
I had my choice of 5, including one that just opened up, had state of the art equipment, non trained Techs, and not too many Customers.

I loved those guys!! :banana: Now my Hyundai Shop is 60 miles away, but they are a great little group there. Size of 7 Eleven :thumbsup:

·
Banned
7,070 Posts
QUOTE (canderson @ Apr 28 2010, 07:50 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=317590
Absolutely. I can go further, non citizen Employees that are even exempt from ANY deportation issues regarding Citizenship.

Instant Green Card with 5 Year Automatic Citizenship, Food Stamps, Money & Medical. All you have to do is reach the

Shore. Every day from the tip of Key West, to Fort Lauderdale, they come. However this offer is good only for Cubans. :innocent:

http://www.usimmigrationsupport.org/wetfoot-dryfoot.html

·
Banned
7,070 Posts
QUOTE (canderson @ Apr 29 2010, 08:08 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=317932
Citizenship issues aside, it's hard to imagine that a Hyundai service department is employing untrained mechanics.
You don't get it? Miami Florida is unlike any other major Metropolitan City. If you find it hard to believe that there can be an untrained

person, who does not speak any English working on your Car, who never worked on, nor saw another Model aside from those 56 Chevy's

still used in Cuba then I don't know what to say. You do not need to be trained or certified to work in a Car Dealership, although there has

to be a 'Master Tech', who overseas the operation. I have a Hyundai Repair Order written in Spanish :p for a part this guy put on. I posted

it here once. My new Team in Arizona got a kick out of that one! The good thing when a Hyundai replacement Part falls off, sometimes it is still

around. After the laughter had died down they fixed it, and I'm not sure they get paid. My point, stay out of South Florida if you can!

·
Registered
5,886 Posts
I can see an aspiring lot jockey with absolutely no credentials to fix cars being assigned light maintenance work, such as wiper blade replacements or even oil changes, when the place gets busy. (Hey, it works for Jiffy Lube.) But a dealership which puts unlicensed mechanics on real repairs is treading on thin ice with the automaker as well as from a civil liability standpoint.

As for the original question: I prefer to buy and service at the same dealer, having worked in the car business and seen how different customers are sometimes treated when a dispute or borderline warranty claim arises. The in-house customers are more likely to be treated as long-term relationships, while the "outsiders" are more likely to be handled "by the book" as a one-shot transaction. That said, you do have every right to obtain warranty service at any dealership, so don't be afraid to do so.

·
Registered
976 Posts
QUOTE (Don67 @ Apr 30 2010, 06:55 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=318158
I can see an aspiring lot jockey with absolutely no credentials to fix cars being assigned light maintenance work, such as wiper blade replacements or even oil changes, when the place gets busy. (Hey, it works for Jiffy Lube.) But a dealership which puts unlicensed mechanics on real repairs is treading on thin ice with the automaker as well as from a civil liability standpoint.

As for the original question: I prefer to buy and service at the same dealer, having worked in the car business and seen how different customers are sometimes treated when a dispute or borderline warranty claim arises. The in-house customers are more likely to be treated as long-term relationships, while the "outsiders" are more likely to be handled "by the book" as a one-shot transaction. That said, you do have every right to obtain warranty service at any dealership, so don't be afraid to do so.
I've had quite the opposite happen to me when dealing with a simple warranty issue.. one dealer said one thing, the other.. where I didn't buy the vehicle did exactly what was expected.. no hassles and no questions asked.. alot friendlier staff too

·
Registered
106 Posts
QUOTE (MiamiLX @ Apr 28 2010, 11:13 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=317821
Absolutely. I can go further, non citizen Employees that are even exempt from ANY deportation issues regarding Citizenship.

Instant Green Card with 5 Year Automatic Citizenship, Food Stamps, Money & Medical. All you have to do is reach the

Shore. Every day from the tip of Key West, to Fort Lauderdale, they come. However this offer is good only for Cubans. :innocent:

http://www.usimmigrationsupport.org/wetfoot-dryfoot.html

WOW!

"Got Racism?" to the tune of "got milk?"

Why are you holding back? Why dont you tell us exactly how you feel about them there wet backs?

So you were not the one on the beach, holding up the sign :00000732:

·
Banned
7,070 Posts
Not at all. I was mentioning the Mechanic was not a Citizen here, yet welcomed by our Government. Is it unfair that one, your Car is touched by untrained Employees at the Dealer level. Also it is unfair that you are immediately sent back (deported) if you are a Haitian, Mexican or a Dominican, yet we welcome people from Cuba as instant new U.S. Citizens, IF THEY PLACE ONE FOOT ON LAND. That stinks :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,886 Posts
QUOTE (Pinto_Siftbean @ Apr 30 2010, 07:50 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=318168
I've had quite the opposite happen to me when dealing with a simple warranty issue.. one dealer said one thing, the other.. where I didn't buy the vehicle did exactly what was expected.. no hassles and no questions asked.. alot friendlier staff too
That's good to hear.

Just out of curiosity, why didn't you buy your Santa Fe from the "good" dealership in the first place? Was it a case of not knowing the difference at the time, or was it to get a better deal elsewhere?

·
Banned
7,070 Posts
Pinto is one smart Bean! You buy from the Dealer that offers the best price, & you use the best area Dealer for Service if you have a choice!

·
Registered
7,163 Posts
QUOTE (MiamiLX @ May 1 2010, 11:02 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=318532
Pinto is one smart Bean! You buy from the Dealer that offers the best price, & you use the best area Dealer for Service if you have a choice!
...and sometimes it just doesn't work out that way. My last two cars have come from dealers that were about 90 and 55 miles away, respectively. They were the only ones that had the right car at the right price. Needless to say, I'll use the local dealers (3 miles) since they both run a good shop.

·
Registered
976 Posts
QUOTE (Don67 @ May 1 2010, 08:01 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=318472
That's good to hear.

Just out of curiosity, why didn't you buy your Santa Fe from the "good" dealership in the first place? Was it a case of not knowing the difference at the time, or was it to get a better deal elsewhere?
2 reasons really...

1. I did get a good deal at the one close to me.. 2nd vehicle the "family" bought through there and it was the APA price.. so I was happy to deal close to home.

2. Forgot the other dealer was in the next town over!! LOL. (15 minutes away)

Either way.. the dealer where I purchased the vehicle from does good work.. they had the vehicle 1.5 days and found a verry annoying "cracking" sound for the dash/windshield drivers area and fixed it. They just really annoyed me when they wanted to "strech" my sagging door seals back into place and see if they'd stick before replacing them. The other dealer just ordered the parts, called me when they were in.. made an appointment to get them replaced.. called me with a reminder about the appointment and all of that without evn looking at the seals when I popped in to ask about them.. service guy just asked how many.. I said all 4.. he said no problem.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts