Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my car into my dealer, Burns Hyundai in Marlton, NJ for the recall. They informed me I was at 7400 miles and due for my 7500 mile maintenance. So I told them to go ahead and do the maint. When I come to pick up the car, my dealer charges me $96.25.

I am about to freak out. When I signed my lease, my dealer told me that with Hyundai, every new lease comes with the "Edge" protection plan and I do not have to pay for service on my lease. Well, that was a lie. When I signed my papers that said "Hyundai Maintenance Plan" I didn't notice at the bottom this was for "Tire coverage only" and that the maintenance plan I have only covers "EVERY 3rd VISIT"/

So I go over the bill. I was charged something like $24 dollars for an oil change and to have my tires rotated. Then they charge me $72 in labor. $72 IN LABOR TO CHANGE MY OIL AND ROTATE MY TIRES?

So, my question, I was told that I need to have my car SERVICED BY A HYUNDAI DEALER to maintain my warranty. If I miss a service appointment, then my warranty is void. Correct?

·
Registered
426 Posts
So long as you have receipts for your oil/filter and mark mileage change was done, or have receipt from where you have work done you will be ok on warranty. You must have documentation, even just a folder with recorded mileage and dates of what you do like tire rotations.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (BiXLL @ Oct 9 2010, 10:54 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=362199
So long as you have receipts for your oil/filter and mark mileage change was done, or have receipt from where you have work done you will be ok on warranty. You must have documentation, even just a folder with recorded mileage and dates of what you do like tire rotations.

Thanks Bill! My dealer tried to scam me and say I needed to get the work done there. I was so upset when I had to pay $96 to have my tires rotated and oil changed. I could have done it myself for $13

·
Banned
335 Posts
QUOTE (cbarry1 @ Oct 9 2010, 09:48 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=362198
I took my car into my dealer, Burns Hyundai in Marlton, NJ for the recall. They informed me I was at 7400 miles and due for my 7500 mile maintenance. So I told them to go ahead and do the maint. When I come to pick up the car, my dealer charges me $96.25.

I am about to freak out. When I signed my lease, my dealer told me that with Hyundai, every new lease comes with the "Edge" protection plan and I do not have to pay for service on my lease. Well, that was a lie. When I signed my papers that said "Hyundai Maintenance Plan" I didn't notice at the bottom this was for "Tire coverage only" and that the maintenance plan I have only covers "EVERY 3rd VISIT"/

So I go over the bill. I was charged something like $24 dollars for an oil change and to have my tires rotated. Then they charge me $72 in labor. $72 IN LABOR TO CHANGE MY OIL AND ROTATE MY TIRES?

So, my question, I was told that I need to have my car SERVICED BY A HYUNDAI DEALER to maintain my warranty. If I miss a service appointment, then my warranty is void. Correct?
Where do they come up with these scams/schemes? The Tires come with a factory Warranty, yet they sold you a tire rotation every 3rd visit

policy? I would demand my money back. Do they still offer the Hyundai Advantage on the 2011's. Tell them if they don't adjust your lease you

will walk away from the contract and return the Car :thumbsup:

·
Registered
589 Posts
They definitely took you for a ride. You could have your tires rotated for free at any Discount Tire. So they basically charged you $96 for an oil change that should have cost $30 max. I paid $24 for Mobil1 and an ST filter at Walmart; it'd have been less than $10 for dino, which your dealer uses. Next time read the fine print man :grin:. Or ask: 'it's included, right?', without assuming anything. Live and learn.

·
Registered
150 Posts
QUOTE (cbarry1 @ Oct 9 2010, 09:48 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=362198

what dealership is this? Name area etc? I would call HMC and file a complaint of what happened. They do take these things seriously and I would perhaps even write an email to HMC so its on paper scan any docs. Just depends on how far you want to go with the matter. If its a dealer you plan to get servicing done for warranty repairs then it might be something you want to do so they clean up their act. If you have other dealers in your area then just call them up and complain.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Burns Hyundai is a shady place to do business. They deal with a lot of low income individuals when I visited and they tried a lot of stuff with them and I overheard the complaints. Go to Turnersville or Fred Beans or Pacifico.

·
Banned
335 Posts
QUOTE (sean1k2 @ Oct 9 2010, 07:21 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=362311
what dealership is this? Name area etc? I would call HMC and file a complaint of what happened. They do take these things seriously and I would perhaps even write an email to HMC so its on paper scan any docs. Just depends on how far you want to go with the matter. If its a dealer you plan to get servicing done for warranty repairs then it might be something you want to do so they clean up their act. If you have other dealers in your area then just call them up and complain.
The Dealer name and area is clearly in the thread. HMC is in Korea and there is an HMC in Canada. You might want HMA, but Dealers do this all

the time to increase lease profits. They might have done even more to you, but again with that Hyundai Advantage just tell them you lost

your Job and they will take it back, no questions asked? Of course that $2997 you needed to start the lease will be kept in good faith :thumbsup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts