Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently purchase a 07 Santa fe and discovered its leaking oil, looks to be coming from the front valve cover and my alternator looks to be covered in oil as well. I called the dealer to ask about the warranty on the valve cover gasket to which he said it was done 2016, I didnt think to ask at the time if it is still under warranty.. Question is, is there warrant on warranty.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
There was a Hyundai recall on this exact problem with the 3.3 engine leaking oil on the alternator and ruining it. Check online with the car's VIN. The dealer should know about it. If he says he doesn't, get firm with him. There's no excuse for your having to deal with it.

·
Registered
196 Posts
The recall was in the US. In Canada it was handled as a Campaign ("hidden recall"). That meant that owners were not notified and the issue would only be mentioned if had the vehicle serviced at the dealer.

I had mine done at a private garage in August of 2015. He had no idea about the campaign and I paid for the work.

Then, it was leaking again in January 2016 and I took it to the Hyundai dealer. They told me about the campaign and replaced the valve cover gasket and the alternator at no charge.

In April 2016 it was leaking again and the Hyundai dealer replaced it once more without charge. This time I believe that they used an upgraded replacement gasket because we have had no more leaks in over 2 years.

If the gasket is leaking for a second time, it should be handled under the campaign.

Reactions: [email protected]
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.