Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2011 GLS is at 59,000 miles and since I'm second owner I have 1000 miles left. Should I take it somewhere to make sure everything is good before warranty is up? I hear a creaking in the front suspension when backing up at full steering lock (been like that forever) but since I have recently installed lowering springs they will blame them I'm thinking.

And what should my 60,000 mile service include? I just did a synthetic oil change 2 weeks ago so that's fine but I know most of the recommended things in the book are just money makers.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
2,291 Posts
Van

There isn't really a checklist for this but I can tell you what I should have done before I hit 60K

Get all of the TSBs you can done on your car. They are not covered under the 10/100K

Transmission and brake fluid, coolant, and air/oil filters are due to be changed at 60K. Both are things you can do yourself. Do not go for one of those mileage-based service packages because they are overpriced for what is offered.

Suspension creak could be a bad bushing somewhere or indicative of needing front end parts. Neither is covered by the 10/100K so I would get to the dealer ASAP on this.

Otherwise you should be good to go. Welcome to the high miles club!

Also, if you need additonal peace of mind, ask if you can still purchase HPP plan for your car. They aren't cheap, but neither are some of the repairs you can get into at higher miles. For example, I have had both CV axles done just recently and I would bet that would be 700 - 1K in parts and labor.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Van

There isn't really a checklist for this but I can tell you what I should have done before I hit 60K

Get all of the TSBs you can done on your car. They are not covered under the 10/100K

Transmission and brake fluid, coolant, and air/oil filters are due to be changed at 60K. Both are things you can do yourself. Do not go for one of those mileage-based service packages because they are overpriced for what is offered.

Suspension creak could be a bad bushing somewhere or indicative of needing front end parts. Neither is covered by the 10/100K so I would get to the dealer ASAP on this.

Otherwise you should be good to go. Welcome to the high miles club!

Also, if you need additonal peace of mind, ask if you can still purchase HPP plan for your car. They aren't cheap, but neither are some of the repairs you can get into at higher miles. For example, I have had both CV axles done just recently and I would bet that would be 700 - 1K in parts and labor.

Thanks! The front creaking do you think they will blame on loweringsprings? Because it was like that before springs

·
Registered
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
2,291 Posts
You always run the risk of warranty denial with aftermarket parts/mods. Usually you can get around it if you have a good tech/service adviser but I would think the lowering springs would set off alarm bells when they go to check your suspension.

If you can, I would put stock springs back on before your appointment.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Items to check before warranty expires:

0-60 times
1/4 mile
top speed

I'm kidding.

Hyundai will definitely blame the lowered springs even if you brought out a bible and raised your right hand to swear to tell the truth.... They may even blame your strut tower. Personally I would not worry about the 60,000 or even the 100,000 other than the typical maintenance items due on the mileage.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts