Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 2017 Hyundai Tucson and for some reason I guess the engine stalled on me two nights ago. Got it towed to my mechanic. He called me yesterday saying that it looks like my engine ran out of oil. No clue how that's possible, drove it for about 5000km. Was gonna change it soon as it was almost time.

Now he told me that there is a chance I may need a new engine. If I take this to hyundai anyone know if it's covered under warranty. It's a 2017 tucson, 65000km. Oil changes have been done with no more than 6000km in between.

I was told that it looks as though the engines been seized.

• Also do I contact hyundai directly or just a dealership?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's the plan. First thing tomorrow. Would have today or yesterday but the dealers around here are closed...

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
You have roadside assistance. I would have started with that vs taking to an independant mechanic. You have a 10/100K powertrain warranty. Now, you will need to show some sort of proof ther service was completed and who ever did that service might be repsonsible.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So to update for anyone looking at this info, it's covered no questions asked. They didn't want any receipts or anything. Apparently this is a common issue for that engine, incase this ever happens to anyone else.

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
You never stated which motor you have. I haven't seen anything stating a common engine failure in the 1.6T or the 2.0 offered in the US.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
2.0 l. And that is what the mechanics told me. That they have had some come into their shop with similar issues.

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
The 2.0T has had issues, but that isn't the same motor as the 2.0 in the Tuscon, even without the turbo.

Doesn't matter if warranty covered it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts