Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

We bought a used i10 with some time left on the 5 year warranty. The service book has the required stamps from garages where it was serviced, however when attempting to book in for some work I was told we also needed invoices for the warranty to be honoured. Inspection of the warranty details confirms this to be the case. We did not think to ask the dealer from whom we bought the car for this paperwork at the time, having seen the stamps in the service book and not being experienced buyers (though we will be contacting them about this).

Has anyone else found themselves in this situation? What did you do, any advice?

Cheers.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Hi there,

We bought a used i10 with some time left on the 5 year warranty. The service book has the required stamps from garages where it was serviced, however when attempting to book in for some work I was told we also needed invoices for the warranty to be honoured. Inspection of the warranty details confirms this to be the case. We did not think to ask the dealer from whom we bought the car for this paperwork at the time, having seen the stamps in the service book and not being experienced buyers (though we will be contacting them about this).

Has anyone else found themselves in this situation? What did you do, any advice?

Cheers.
All work undertaken by the Hyundai dealers should be kept on a central computer system, unless the previous owner had the servicing done outside of the dealership.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I also purchased a used i10 recently, the car was just 4 years old.

I received the plastic wallet with the owners handbook, New Vehicle Warranty & Roadside assistance booklets. I didn't get a service record book but I did get four computer printouts of the three previous services and the one that was done before I collected the car. I bought the car from a Hyundai dealer so I'm not too bothered if anything goes wrong in the next 11 months. After that the car will be out of warranty anyway.

I may try and get a service record book for subsequent services at non dealer workshops.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts