Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there guys i started my car today and these lights came on and stayed on battery light parking brake / brake level warning light and the fuel warning light its a santa 2.0 fe 2004 any ideas what it could be

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
hi there guys i started my car today and these lights came on and stayed on battery light parking brake / brake level warning light and the fuel warning light its a santa 2.0 fe 2004 any ideas what it could be
Couple ideas. Have you ever taken your dash apart? There are three connectors and one of them could have partially disconnected. A bad chassis ground is another off the wall possibility.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Steward,
1. The battery light shows no battery charging when lit. So do check the battery voltage. 12.5 volts minimum at no running engine and approx. 14.3 volts at running engine.
If no 14.3 volts, check the 2 pin side connector at the alternator. If seated properly, check the 15A B+/ECU fuse in the engine fusebox.
Also the 120A fusible link screws and bolts.
Then measure voltages at that 2 pin connector, should be both battery voltage, one half a volt higher, with engine running. If only one is battery voltage and the other very low, like 2 or 3 volts, your alternator voltage regulator is faulty. A new alternator.
2. Brake light, it´s internally interconnected to the battery light so will automaticly be lit with it. So no actions needed there.
3. Fuel warning light, are you low on fuel? Is internally (instrument cluster) via an electronic chip connected to the fuel level sensor. Does the fuel gauge show fuel?
Also it can indicate water in the fuel filter water separator. You have a 2.0 diesel engine?? Fuel filter is on right side in the engine compartment (round shaped, with multiple fuel lines). It has a screw on the bottom for releasing water. Water is seperated from the diesel in time. The little reservoir at the bottom will be full so needs to be emptied.
Otherwise maybe a defect in the instrument cluster, however, these lights all need seperate ground signals, so a bit unlikely for it would also give problems with the gauges.
Good luck,
Paul

·
Registered
3 Posts
My '01 santa fe is the same as yours...break light is on and both fuel filter and battery warning light is also on but not that bright. Did anyone experience or solved that problem? Thanks guys.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts