Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About a week ago after leaving Tesco one of the warning lights came on.It is the first one of the four red lights which are next to to the hazard button and they look like air bag lights.They normally all come on when I start the engine but then go out.This time the first light stayed on and there was a warning beep.It only happened this once but last night my wife was driving it and she told me one of the warning lights came on and there was a beeping sound.She cannot remember what light it was.I have just taken the car out to see if the light would come on but did not.Can someone tell me what this light is for.The car is a i10 Premium 2017 model..

·
Registered
12,637 Posts
It sounds like your talking about seatbelt warning lights. Did you have anything on the seat while you were driving?
There are weight sensors on the seats that tell the car that the seat is occupied. If the seat is occupied but the seatbelt isn't fastened it turns one of those warning lights on. The problem is the car doesn't know whether the weight on the seat is a person or a bag of groceries from Tesco.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that will if it happens again I took it for fifteen minutes on my own and all the four lights went out.

·
Registered
73 Posts
They have always been like that on my car, but go off in a min or two. I mentioned it at first service and he said ' some are like that'. It does not bother me so I left it.
I don't think our back seats have ever been used, so don't know if it will go away as the fabric softens.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts