Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to pull my Nano and cable out of that compartment only to find the darned thing wouldn't open. Yes it unlocked and provided about a 1/8" gap but that's it :( I ended up with a wire clothes hanger that I successfully used to move things around and free up the pivoting storage. Took me longer than I care to admit and the frustration level was close to off scale. How stupid is this design where a iPod cable can jam the #$%^ thing closed? I am NOT impressed!!!!

edited 1.8" typo to properly read 1/8"

·
Registered
589 Posts
QUOTE (Bald1 @ Sep 1 2010, 01:42 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=353586
How stupid is this design where a iPod cable can jam the #$%^ thing closed?
Those are the little details that many designers don't pay attention to. Another similar issue is the sunglass holder that sometimes doesn't close. No car is perfect, but it'd be nice if Hyundai read these forums to change those designs in future cars.

And don't pay attention to the many smart ***es on this board; just ignore them. Take care.

·
Registered
326 Posts
QUOTE (Bald1 @ Sep 1 2010, 01:42 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=353586
Went to pull my Nano and cable out of that compartment only to find the darned thing wouldn't open. Yes it unlocked and provided about a 1.8" gap but that's it :( I ended up with a wire clothes hanger that I successfully used to move things around and free up the pivoting storage. Took me longer than I care to admit and the frustration level was close to off scale. How stupid is this design where a iPod cable can jam the #$%^ thing closed? I am NOT impressed!!!!
Not sure I understand the scenario. Was the cable left hanging out or something, is that was caused the jam?

·
Registered
854 Posts
These are things that can not be anticipated, I bet it will never happen again to you or anybody else on this board. I put my ipod wire in and out of that thing every day (i'm a neat freak). It has NEVER gotten stuck. You got the wire in at the wrong angle at the wrong time, closing it wrong too probably. You probably have too much junk in there too. User error imo.

Not thread worthy. Fail.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Screw you and the FAIL. All that was in there was the Nano and the connecting cable PERIOD. Apparently the design has a gap between the storage "cup" and the frame that its mounted in. That gap also apparently was just the right size to capture and pinch the cable impeding the proper opening of the storage compartment.

·
Registered
255 Posts
QUOTE (eyecue @ Sep 1 2010, 02:52 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=353612
These are things that can not be anticipated, I bet it will never happen again to you or anybody else on this board. I put my ipod wire in and out of that thing every day (i'm a neat freak). It has NEVER gotten stuck. You got the wire in at the wrong angle at the wrong time, closing it wrong too probably. You probably have too much junk in there too. User error imo.

Not thread worthy. Fail.

LMFAO! :D

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
QUOTE (eyecue @ Sep 1 2010, 03:52 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=353612

Not thread worthy. Fail.
Thread "fails?" Wow, pretty cocky and rather immature attitude. Shows the mentality of some. :wacko:

·
Registered
817 Posts
QUOTE (Bald1 @ Sep 1 2010, 04:04 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=353615
Screw you and the FAIL. All that was in there was the Nano and the connecting cable PERIOD. Apparently the design has a gap between the storage "cup" and the frame that its mounted in. That gap also apparently was just the right size to capture and pinch the cable impeding the proper opening of the storage compartment.
Ah, that somewhat explains it.

FWIW - I keep my cable (supposedly a 35 dollar (US) value) in the locked compartment.

It is good to know that with some effort you were able to figure it out and get it opened.

·
Registered
854 Posts
QUOTE (Bearcats @ Sep 1 2010, 04:11 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=353620
Thread "fails?" Wow, pretty cocky and rather immature attitude. Shows the mentality of some. :wacko:

I admit I can be immature but it's only for my own entertainment. Silly threads imo get silly response that's all. If one gets offended it was not my intention. I wasn't being obnoxious, simply stating my opinion on the topic.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So the thread is silly because I shared an incident I experienced which might prove helpful for others in avoiding the same trap eh? I'm in my 60s and I continue to be amazed at what some think constitutes intelligent contributions. There's an old adage that says if you've nothing good to say don't say anything.

·
Registered
854 Posts
QUOTE (Bald1 @ Sep 1 2010, 04:49 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=353636
So the thread is silly because I shared an incident I experienced which might prove helpful for others in avoiding the same trap eh?
How would one avoid this ''trap". I don't see how you helped anybody, and I see no solutions to your ''problem''.

I'm in my 60s and I continue to be amazed at what some think constitutes intelligent contributions.
I don't see how this thread has any "intelligent contribution" from you or anybody else. Please provide that for me and the rest so we can make this thread useful.

There's an old adage that says if you've nothing good to say don't say anything.
Screw you and the FAIL.
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It appears, Mr. eyecue, that all you're doing is spoiling for an internet fight as a juvenile TROLL.

Are you really that stupid that you can't fathom a description of a problem (to wit a gap between the storage interior and frame that can pinch contents affecting proper opening) serving to help others through simple awareness? Apparently not. 'Nuff said.

·
Registered
123 Posts
wait. can i get a more detailed event description? the "big" compartment below the center control area (that you have to push in and the door opens) got stuck because your ipod wire was in the way? where was the wire? what was pinched? i'm just curious.

i keep my ipod/cable out. i mean, if someone's going to break into my car they are going to look for stuff anyway. but that's just my opinion. I mean well i keep my gps head unit in there only because i don't use it all the time, but don't have a good place to keep it.

·
Registered
854 Posts
QUOTE (Bald1 @ Sep 1 2010, 08:23 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=353690
It appears, Mr. eyecue, that all you're doing is spoiling for an internet fight as a juvenile TROLL.

Are you really that stupid that you can't fathom a description of a problem (to wit a gap between the storage interior and frame that can pinch contents affecting proper opening) serving to help others through simple awareness? Apparently not. 'Nuff said.
Didn't want an internet fight at all, just pointed out your hypocrisy. Just trying to make sense of your post, I can't picture it, (maybe because auto cup holder is designed different to manual cup holder). I spent 30 mins on my drive home putting the cable in and out, never once did it get slightly stuck. Like I tried to say earlier, it seems as though all the stars were aligned to have that wire stuck. I wouldn't have made a thread about it but that's just me I guess. Sorry if I offended you by using the word "fail", but I still believe this will never happen to anybody again.

BTW you are the one making the personal attacks with the name calling. Try to take your own advice.

·
Registered
117 Posts
who's winning here?

I appreciate the post and will keep this possible dilemma in mind if I should ever purchase a Sonata. I will now insert a pink elephant and a dancing banana guy. :banana: :460:

·
Registered
141 Posts
People are not attacking your post as a whole.
I myself found it informative.
It's just your closing statement ,placing the blame on poor design , that opened the can of worms.

·
Registered
817 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts