Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Good place to find them. There are several resellers in the area that handle these. I saw some beautiful chromed five spoke wheels on ebay; may still be there. About $500. Someone sold a complete set of Limited wheels for about $165 recently plus $120 freight.

I'd check ebay and put in a "watch" and some will inevitably pop up. That's how I found mine. Twice in fact.

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
What exactly do you want? I'm always checking on these items and run across them frequently. I was very tempted to
get the Limited wheels as an additional set but I passed on it. They were a "steal."

I'll pass along something to consider. If and when you get the wheels, be absolutely certain that you don't have a dunderheaded fool break the TPMS valve like someone did at a national retailer one time. These things are not cheap. They are, however, very easy to install and so long as they are programmed for the car they will work just fine in the new set of wheels. The TPMS sensors work quite well although some have bad mouthed them. However, they let you know when you have low air pressure which surprisingly you don't always know. I felt the tire one time and it seemed to be fully inflated but was actually down to 18 PSI. I took it to the local Ford dealer and they pulled a long nail out it. I had to search around to actually find it as it was not readily apparent.

I do have one Limited wheel with center cap and two tires if that would be helpful. I purchased it sometime ago and thought I would put it in the trunk but it actually sticks up too high to be useful. I bought it because I didn't want to ride around on the skinny spare tire but I have a bunch of steel wheels and already have one mounted and ready to put on should I require it. If anyone wants a bunch of like new steel wheels, from the 2008 and 2009 Sonatas and covers come and get them. They are available for a "song." I may just trash them if I don't sell them soon. I need the room.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm just looking for the factory OEM 5 Spoke alloy rims for the GLS.

Like these on the link here: Ebay

Except I'm looking for a full set. I'm not really into chrome.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I probably would have bought those limited wheels though... They did sound like a total steal! I guess I'm just bidding my time waiting for a deal similar to that.

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
I think you would be very happy with the Limited wheels. And the larger diameter also improves the looks. The actual circumference is exactly the same so you speedo is not affected. I pulled into a local Hyundai dealer the other day and I had to explain it was not a Limited model. As an aside, I had to replace the Michelins on my 2008 Sonata a couple of weeks ago and put on a set of Kumho Solus KH16 tires. At my local Ford dealer which sells tires, I purchased them for $370 installed with lifetime rotation and balancing. If and when I replace the Hankooks on the Limited wheels I will put the Kumhos on. Rides like I am on a carpet at 80-85 mph. The Hankooks are not particularly bad (perfectly fine) but I believe the Kumhos are better. The Michelins are outrageously expensive. Kumho also has an "Esta" model that fits and I saw those on another Sonata at a dealership and they looked fantastic. Just a few thoughts in the event you pick up a set of these wheels. Just remember to make sure the idiots who install the tires don't break the TPMS sensors. Otherwise just take them from the steel wheels to the alloys and they will work perfectly without reprogramming.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah... If I see a set of limiteds I will pick them up! For the right price of course. Thank you so much for your input and knowledge. It is greatly appreciated.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts