Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
22,793 Posts
My favorite car. Top of my "next vehicle" wish list. And right alongside my favorite gas supplier's pump, too! Mind if I live vicariously thru you for a few more months? LOL Color me "jealous!" ;) On a scale of 1-10, my jealous envy is about an 11.2!!!!!

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wanted one since 2011, Just didn't like the front end on that year model. 2013 was spot on with all details inside and out and I couldn't wait any longer.

·
22,793 Posts
For the record, there is this white gen couple in our area. 3.8T. Black guts. 8-speed auto. Hard loaded! And it's tugging at me like an earth magnet sitting next to an iron train track rail. Not good! Not good at all! Not for me, anyway.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I didn't know about a 3.8T. I wouldn't want a turbo anyway, increased maintenance and even more chances of tickets. I test drove the 2.0T and it had lots of giddy up. But lacked the rumble in the pipes. 30 years I settles for function over desire. Now I said the heck with it. If a Geni is calling you, hook that magic fish and real it in.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hey bud.

Im thinking about the same. I have a Sonata SE 2011... How much is your monthly payment for the car? Do you mind sharing?

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Hey bud.

Im thinking about the same. I have a Sonata SE 2011... How much is your monthly payment for the car? Do you mind sharing?
$478.
$145 more a month than the Sonata. I have automatic payments drawn from my savings and I have automatic weekly deposits from my checking to my savings, Spreads the burden out to a weekly cost of $119.

Test drive the Coupe and you will love it, the down side is that after a week you will miss the trunk space, lol. But still very happy to have changed from the 4 door too the 2 door.

·
22,793 Posts
the down side is that after a week you will miss the trunk space, lol.
That smaller trunk area a down side to "you" or to the wife complaining that she can't get in there as easily? :grin:

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That smaller trunk area a down side to "you" or to the wife complaining that she can't get in there as easily? :grin:
LOL, Naw. Been divorced since 1994, and my ex is small enough to get in there if I butter up the seals around the trunk rim.:rolleyes:
Going from an explorer to the Sonata was a cargo space shock, going from Sonata to the Genesis coupes cargo space is a heart attack inducer.

·
22,793 Posts
Too funny. Heading to the dealer this morning for my oil change. If I'm smart, I will stay away from that row of gen coupe's on his lot and remain in the service department's waiting area if I know what's good for me. ;)

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Spent the past two weeks browsing the forums and you tube for info on various mods. I went to Fynetune and started the ball rolling to drop the car a bit, To preserve the daily driving and the fact that some of the roads I have to navigate are bad I went Eibach ProKit and spacers.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I get 21 MPG on the 3.8
That will improve after a while once I get past the fun of stompin the pedal lol. I normally drive not exceeding 2000-2100 RPMs as max to shift point. Spent yesterday with the TC off, barking tires when downshifting to pass. Now I need to start conserving on fuel use so it will not encroach on funds for mods.

·
22,793 Posts
Spent yesterday with the TC off, barking tires when downshifting to pass.
I was just about over the urge, and then read this... :mad: Thanks for reopening the "inner struggle."

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I just traded my sonata for a 3.8 as well!! Loving the new ride!
Congrats on the new car.

I was just about over the urge, and then read this... :mad: Thanks for reopening the "inner struggle."
Rich, sorry for encouraging the inner struggle. But there is one thing that might encourage a little disinterest. I drive 60-65 MPH. I drove to work last Saturday morning at 70 MPH and up on the TPK and the rear end drone/hums. Have to take it into the shop, It starts at 70 on the nose and if slowly slowing down it suddenly shuts off/goes away at 68-69. Already did a down shift test and it stays the same at 70 in a lower gear and only quiets a little when letting off the throttle until I go below 70 and then the noise shuts off. Sounds like a differential pinion and ring gear issue, definitely drive line. already did a search on Gencoupe.com and seems to be a semi known issue since 2010 and on.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I had 2010 GC 3.8 traded to 2013 Azera.
It was fast, great looking, and reliable car.
Congratulations!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts