Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to replace the 96170 with a 96560... has anyone done this successfully? The parts guy at the dealership was of no assistance. Also does anyone know if there is an aftermarket connector to import the wires from the small bracket on the 96170 to this bracket on the 96560?

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
I want to replace the 96170 with a 96560... has anyone done this successfully? The parts guy at the dealership was of no assistance. Also does anyone know if there is an aftermarket connector to import the wires from the small bracket on the 96170 to this bracket on the 96560?
I have a 2012 Azera, and i've been trying to figure out if i can replace the entire center stack with one from a 2017. I know it will fit, but not sure about it actually plugging in. I want to do this so i can have CarPlay. I know that sounds crazy, but my weekend car has CarPlay and once you use it, it's a must have. I'm currently negotiating with someone to buy the entire center stack from a wrecked 2017, if the price is right, i may just dive right into it. If it doesn't work, the equipment is always sellable on eBay.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2012 Azera, and i've been trying to figure out if i can replace the entire center stack with one from a 2017. I know it will fit, but not sure about it actually plugging in. I want to do this so i can have CarPlay. I know that sounds crazy, but my weekend car has CarPlay and once you use it, it's a must have. I'm currently negotiating with someone to buy the entire center stack from a wrecked 2017, if the price is right, i may just dive right into it. If it doesn't work, the equipment is always sellable on eBay.
Were you able to get the console and if so how did it work out?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Were you able to get the console and if so how did it work out?
You can buy everything, fairly cheap too for what it is. I was looking at about $1200 between eBay and online salvage yards. The problem comes into play with the AC controls. Everything appears to bolt right up, plug right in, except for the AC temp sensor for automatic climate control. I think that’s what it is at least. Three little slots with a tube attached and a little sensor in it. On the older design, like the 2012 has, I believe this part is on the panel under the steering column. On the newer design, it’s actually built into the AC control unit. Once I hit that, I kinda stopped. Wiring would be easy to extend, reroute, change plug, etc. but I’ve never messed with something like that, and messing up an AC unit can be a crazy expensive fix, so I deemed the risk not worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Once I hit that, I kinda stopped.
Did you actually hook up and get everything else to work except for the AC control, or did you stop before that because of the AC issue? What ElmoreInMaryland is trying to find out is if the center stack for a 2017 will work in his 2012, even if he has to figure out the AC connection.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Did you actually hook up and get everything else to work except for the AC control, or did you stop before that because of the AC issue? What ElmoreInMaryland is trying to find out is if the center stack for a 2017 will work in his 2012, even if he has to figure out the AC connection.
Sorry... I misunderstood that. No, I stopped at the AC controls and didn’t buy anything else. I knew from the get go, that the AC could be a big issue, so I only invested $50 from a junk yard for that part.

From everything I could see online, the center stack appears to bolt right in. But I cannot confirm first hand.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sorry... I misunderstood that. No, I stopped at the AC controls and didn’t buy anything else. I knew from the get go, that the AC could be a big issue, so I only invested $50 from a junk yard for that part.

From everything I could see online, the center stack appears to bolt right in. But I cannot confirm first hand.

I just picked up the parts online. I haven't received anything past the receiver yet but i will keep the forum posted on how this progresses.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts