Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decisions decisions, need your opinion. Which color will look good w pacific pearl blue car? Anyone has it done, post pictures please thanks :)

·
Registered
213 Posts
I think the anthracite grey would look really good on a pac blue sonata. it's darker than gunmetal but lighter than matte black.

·
Registered
28 Posts
If you go with black your wheels are gonna lose their "shine" or depth, even with matte. So get some Mothers Back to Black and wipe them down once a week to bring that rich black color back into them.

·
Registered
28 Posts
If you go with black your wheels are gonna lose their "shine" or depth, even with matte. So get some Mothers Back to Black and wipe them down once a week to bring that rich black color back into them.
I use the foam tire shine I have on my black plastic dipped rims. I give it a little extra spray, wipe down the tire and use the excess for the rims. Works great!

·
Registered
221 Posts
The anthracite grey is a metallic color, and will still look like the real metal on your wheels. It is only available through dipyourcar.com whereas the gunmetal just got released at home depot I believe. Most stores don't carry much. Lowes has white and black. Hope Depot used to only have black, and now they have a few of the blaze colors and the gunmetal. Other places I've only seen the black.

Someone just recently did the Anthracite Grey on their 17" stock wheels and it looks great. The post was maybe two weeks ago? I have four cans and a can of gloss waiting in my garage for me to do my wheels in that color, but I just haven't had time!

If you do want the Anthracite, plan on waiting a while to get it. You have to order it from dipyourcar.com and it took them four days to process my order, then another weekend plus business day to ship it out, and then UPS took four more days to get it to me. They claimed my payment didn't clear as the excuse, but I used Paypal and got an instant confirmation of the payment sent. Plus they charge you huge shipping prices on top of the already marked up product prices.

They are a really cool company and they sell great products, but not the best in a lot of aspects. Since my order didn't get processed until the Friday that they had the "double dip point" weekend, they had originally given me double reward points. Then they took them back because I actually ordered it before the promotion it just processed during the event.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The anthracite grey is a metallic color, and will still look like the real metal on your wheels. It is only available through dipyourcar.com whereas the gunmetal just got released at home depot I believe. Most stores don't carry much. Lowes has white and black. Hope Depot used to only have black, and now they have a few of the blaze colors and the gunmetal. Other places I've only seen the black.

Someone just recently did the Anthracite Grey on their 17" stock wheels and it looks great. The post was maybe two weeks ago? I have four cans and a can of gloss waiting in my garage for me to do my wheels in that color, but I just haven't had time!

If you do want the Anthracite, plan on waiting a while to get it. You have to order it from dipyourcar.com and it took them four days to process my order, then another weekend plus business day to ship it out, and then UPS took four more days to get it to me. They claimed my payment didn't clear as the excuse, but I used Paypal and got an instant confirmation of the payment sent. Plus they charge you huge shipping prices on top of the already marked up product prices.

They are a really cool company and they sell great products, but not the best in a lot of aspects. Since my order didn't get processed until the Friday that they had the "double dip point" weekend, they had originally given me double reward points. Then they took them back because I actually ordered it before the promotion it just processed during the event.
thank you! placing my order today :) post some pictures when youre done with the project

1 - 11 of 11 Posts