Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This morning, on my way to work, I was at a traffic light on a highway. There was a BMW riding my bumper prior to being at the light. So decided I would try to create some distance between us once the light turned green. (Didn't work...) Switched to shiftronic, light turned green and I took off! By the time I'm topping off 2nd, I'm hitting around 60 -65 so I'm beginning to back off... simultaneously I'm looking in my rear view and this guy is running me down like I'm standing still! He passed me and I didn't see him again until the next light. When l got behind him (with ego shattered) I realized it was a 550i. Checked the horse power when I got to work. 445 hp... Yeah... That's why it didn't work... lol

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
This morning, on my way to work, I was at a traffic light on a highway. There was a BMW riding my bumper prior to being at the light. So decided I would try to create some distance between us once the light turned green. (Didn't work...) Switched to shiftronic, light turned green and I took off! By the time I'm topping off 2nd, I'm hitting around 60 -65 so I'm beginning to back off... simultaneously I'm looking in my rear view and this guy is running me down like I'm standing still! He passed me and I didn't see him again until the next light. When l got behind him (with ego shattered) I realized it was a 550i. Checked the horse power when I got to work. 445 hp... Yeah... That's why it didn't work... lol
Easy does it. You've still got the crooked H on the grill.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Easy does it. You've still got the crooked H on the grill.
I am always amazed by owners of Hyundai's who short change there manufacturer. I wonder why they even buy a Hyundai for that matter.

Of course an Azera will not keep up with a 550i BMW with over 400H.P. It's not supposed to but any manufacturer with the same specs a the Azera wouldn't either. If that were an RSPEC Genesis it would have been near a fare fight.

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
I am always amazed by owners of Hyundai's who short change there manufacturer. I wonder why they even buy a Hyundai for that matter.

Of course an Azera will not keep up with a 550i BMW with over 400H.P. It's not supposed to but any manufacturer with the same specs a the Azera wouldn't either. If that were an RSPEC Genesis it would have been near a fare fight.
I was sort of being facetious. I'll never short change Hyundai. Perhaps the highest quality car I've ever owned. Not back to the dealer once since new for anything other than oil changes.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lol epic fail
Yeah man... It was sad... I must have thought it was the 2014 Lexus IS 250 that I blew the doors off a few weeks back at that same traffic light. lol

Well you win some, you lose some. I'll be looking for that dude if I should ever get a Genesis Sedan. lol j/k

·
Registered
114 Posts
Man I be giving cars **** on the freeway. Take on all makes and models lol. Wife see me put on the shift tronic and shake her head. She knows it's about to go down lol

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
22,788 Posts
Checked the horse power when I got to work. 445 hp... Yeah... That's why it didn't work... lol
That would've cinched the deal for me...turned around and drove straight down to my local Hyundai store. Walk in and buy that white gen coupe with the BIG MAMA power plant I'm coveting right now! Then, find Beemer Boy, even if it takes me waiting at that intersection for a month!!
:3gears:

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
That would've cinched the deal for me...turned around and drove straight down to my local Hyundai store. Walk in and buy that white gen coupe with the BIG MAMA power plant I'm coveting right now! Then, find Beemer Boy, even if it takes me waiting at that intersection for a month!!
:3gears:
Rich - my local dealer has your white gen coupe in the showroom waiting for you.

·
22,788 Posts
Rich - my local dealer has your white gen coupe in the showroom waiting for you.
Thanks, pal! Way to help me maintain my resistance! With friends like you having my back... :wink2:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts