Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 2010 Sonata. I regret not having gotten the Bluetooth option. I can get the part from Hyundai for about $325 and it replaces the sunglasses holder. I know its pricey compared to an aftermarket one, but I'd rather have that than an aftermarket one that looks aftermarket. My question------The dealer will install it for about $100 but is this an easy do it yourself kind of thing that I could quickly do mayself ? Is it just a few screws and/or snap in/snap out kind of thing, or is it more complicated to install ?(ie--do I have to splice any wiring harnesses or drill anything). Any links to pictures/ instructions would be appreciated. Thanks,

·
Registered
237 Posts
Sorry.... I'm not much help with the tech side. I looked at www.hmaservice.com to find info on the bluetooth and struck out. BTW... If you don't know about that site, check it out. Hyundai lets the general public see 'most' of what the service centers can see. Schematics, dissasembly instructions and all. Registration is free, however you have to use Internet Explorer to view it.

Perhaps somebody better versed in navigating that site can find something.

I have it on mine and like it. It happened to be on the car and wasn't something I was looking for though I have grown to really appreciate it. Keep in mind though before you lay down big money it works only as well as the aftermarket ones. It is completely independent of the audio system so you have to mute or turn down the radio before placing / receiving a call. Otherwise, I like that I can save numbers and dial them by voice commands. Just press the button and say 'Call whomever' or "Dial 5555555555". The system is smart enough to transfer your call back to the phone when you shut down the car which is cool.

Little google got me to this that sorta shows how it is installed.

clicky

1 - 2 of 2 Posts