Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really would like to hear the horn beep or some noise, not just flashing lights when i lock my 2020 Santa Fe Limited using my key fob. Right now it only blinks lights and I need that addl confirmation of noise so i know I really locked it.. There has to be some setting somewhere, be kind i haven't had the vehicle 24 hours yet and the amount of tech is mind boggling... TIA

· Registered
2020 Santa Fe Limited 2.0T AWD Stormy Sea
520 Posts
I really would like to hear the horn beep or some noise, not just flashing lights when i lock my 2020 Santa Fe Limited using my key fob. Right now it only blinks lights and I need that addl confirmation of noise so i know I really locked it.. There has to be some setting somewhere, be kind i haven't had the vehicle 24 hours yet and the amount of tech is mind boggling... TIA

I have a 2020 Limited and I do not have the setting in the menus to make the horn sound when I push the lock button (as shown above in the pictures). But I do get an electronic chirp when I lock or unlock the vehicle. It isn't anywhere near the volume of the horn but it's easy enough to hear. And the turn signal lights flash as well. Not sure why you aren't getting any report when you lock/unlock. I'll dig through the menus again.

· Registered
2020 Santa Fe Limited 2.0T Awd
1,529 Posts
I have a 2020 Limited and I do not have the setting in the menus to make the horn sound when I push the lock button (as shown above in the pictures). But I do get an electronic chirp when I lock or unlock the vehicle. It isn't anywhere near the volume of the horn but it's easy enough to hear. And the turn signal lights flash as well. Not sure why you aren't getting any report when you lock/unlock. I'll dig through the menus again.
Right. I don't remember seeing this setting either. I will double check to be sure.

· Registered
2019 Ultimate 2.0t AWD
168 Posts
I have a 2019 Ultimate. Just checked, I do not have that option. I wonder if it was added for 2020 or if it's something that could be upgraded in the software of the car itself. Anyone know if I could update it over the air???

Or anyone with 2019s could also confirm this omitted feature? I'm in the US, and I am guessing you are too Tyrodinson?

· Registered
2020 Santa Fe SE AWD
85 Posts
I have a 2019 Ultimate. Just checked, I do not have that option. I wonder if it was added for 2020 or if it's something that could be upgraded in the software of the car itself. Anyone know if I could update it over the air???

Or anyone with 2019s could also confirm this omitted feature? I'm in the US, and I am guessing you are too Tyrodinson?
Yes I am, my wife's doesn't have the option on the screen, but is the same as mine in that if you hit the lock button twice, it beeps. My wife's is an Ultimate, mine an SE.

· Registered
288 Posts
probably an unpopular opinion. But horn chirps should be illegal for locking a car. They startle the **** out of everyone for no point. A chirp is more than enough since you should be locking your vehicle within 10 meters of it. Which even further than that its still very audible.
I have the intention of fixing the alarm on my accent MC. removing the horn chirp and adding a new system that utilizes a speaker with a chirp and the horn as obviously what its for, the alarm. They only used the horn for both to cut costs back in the day. Any car newer than 2016 that uses a horn as a chirp is pretty much scrap metal in my eyes.

Mine doesn't have the option. The sound is just a digital beep lol and it can't be heard beyond 3-4 car spaces.
You should have a way to increase the chirp volume. That will be in some menu somewhere. I know on dodge trucks you have to like key on then off then on, open driver door, close driver door, roll driver window down and press the brake 3 times or something. Theyre pretty funny with their programming by opening and closing doors and such. I know that's how it was for sure on 2014 dodges (obviously not that exact pattern haha)

· Registered
‘19 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T; ‘22 Tucson Limited 2.5
2,826 Posts
My 2020 Limited doesn't have a horn option on the menu..I can live with the chirp, wish i could make it louder, nothing on any of the menus to change volume at all
I’m a 75 year-old man and I can hear the chirp perfectly, as well as see the flashing amber lights. If I can do it at my age, so can a beach girl. 🤣

We have a next-door neighbor with a Jeep equipped with the loud horn locking sound. I may have to “neuter” him one day. I’ll keep the group posted.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts