Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

The car is a 2012 I20

My father in law in Finland, has had many problems with the airbag light coming on continuously in 2016, 2017 and 2018. At the dealer and under warranty, each time connections and wiring were moved around and the fault went away.

At his 160,000km inspection he was told he had code "B1378 -side airbag front driver resistance too high" and because of all the previous problems they advised new airbag was required. All of this is to be done under warranty.

So since 3rd October he has been waiting for a new airbag. He has made it totally clear to the dealer manager he is very unhappy with his situation. Recently he was told the situation was being resolved as the part was in Sweden. Then he got a message that it was in Germany.

I am wondering therefore if anybody knows of any reasonable explanation as to why it would take so long to get a drivers side airbag for an I20 delivered to a dealer in Finland!

Any help appreciated.

Cheers

Andrew

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi

The car is a 2012 I20

My father in law in Finland, has had many problems with the airbag light coming on continuously in 2016, 2017 and 2018. At the dealer and under warranty, each time connections and wiring were moved around and the fault went away.

At his 160,000km inspection he was told he had code "B1378 -side airbag front driver resistance too high" and because of all the previous problems they advised new airbag was required. All of this is to be done under warranty.

So since 3rd October he has been waiting for a new airbag. He has made it totally clear to the dealer manager he is very unhappy with his situation. Recently he was told the situation was being resolved as the part was in Sweden. Then he got a message that it was in Germany.

I am wondering therefore if anybody knows of any reasonable explanation as to why it would take so long to get a drivers side airbag for an I20 delivered to a dealer in Finland!

Any help appreciated.

Cheers

Andrew
Apparently this car has been repaired by the dealer but they are now asking who it was at the dealer who said this work was to be done under warranty.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Apparently this car has been repaired by the dealer but they are now asking who it was at the dealer who said this work was to be done under warranty.
I must have got the wrong message last week

It turns out the car went into a scheduled service yesterday 16/05/18 and ***the airbag has not yet been repaired*** because the dealer is asking who is going to pay for it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts