Hyundai Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
This is definitely the correct answer for this problem! Can't thank you enough for the help! My wife happy again as well that her cruise control works

·
Registered
31 Posts
Actual errors were:
Lane Departure Warning System
C1362 Camera(?Radar lens) Signal failure(There are no cameras in this car for Lane Departure)

Feels great, right? Your wife should be impressed. It's a big relief that such an expensive dealer repair can be done independently at fairly low cost. The dealer will only install the NEW part, which we know is thousands of dollars and not to mention their costly labor hours.

Did the C1362 Camera error go away? If so, I guess it was tied in with the Vehicle Stability Management, maybe it saw the mismatch between the LDWS camera and the bad module's alignment issue.

About the camera, yes, you do have a camera for Lane Departure, it is behind that big box up by your rear-view mirror. Unlikely that it would be misaligned unless the windshield was replaced or a major impact accident.

I don' use the LDWS in general because the haptic warning startles me.

Congratulations on the repair!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yes... the error went away after install. Rented a Subaru this summer and it had two obvious cameras, and IT tried to drunk drive the car (zig-zag line to line) until I turned it off, very annoying! At least with the Equus this vintage it is a warning, not trying to drive the car. I never use it either...its the button behind the wheel, lower right, when activated it puts up the bars in the heads up center display, correct?

Associated question however...

Noticed the mirror assembly seems to be loose on the windshield(Rocks vertically would be a good description). I have to overlift the mirror to adjust it for me, then it tips into position. Is there a set screw or something that holds that assembly in place?

·
Registered
31 Posts
its the button behind the wheel, lower right, when activated it puts up the bars in the heads up center display, correct?
Yeppers, on our 2011 model. It may be different on newer units.

As for the mirror, I don't know. I learn as I have to fix things. I am thinking the mirror unit has to be opened up and there is an adjustment screw inside...maybe it is your turn to post a "fix inside review mirror on an EQUUS".

Mine does sometimes lose position but mostly stays the same. I would think that if multiple drivers use the car it would get a lot of adjustments over the nine years of use. For my cars, I am the only driver, so the mirror rarely gets adjusted.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello! I have the same warning VMS. Changed my tires and reprogrammed, brake lights work so now I figure it is the module. Recieved the error message lost communication with cruise control module.

Do you have to remove the bumper to replace this part?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yes, but it is not that big of a job. It would be easier with a helper, but I didn't have one. How to do it - click here.
I owe you MANY thanks. I found a module from the numbers posted (for $156) and installed with your directions. I saw how it could have been easy for two persons, but just me worked fine.

Today was productive! Replaced the brakes and the sensor.

Thank you again!

21 - 27 of 27 Posts