Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I'm the proud owner of a 2020 Santa Fe 2.0T Luxury. If you have any questions, need anything "video'd", or need better photos, feel free to reach out to me.

I did purchase a Torcon Sound Plate. It is specifically for the DM series 2.0T, but I decided to go ahead with the purchase. I did contact the seller/manufacturer to inquire about compatibility issues....AFTER I bought it and received it....AFTER I installed it...***AFTER I test drove the Santa Fe with the part installed. :p Stupid me. But there's a lot going in life...so please forgive me.

Anyway, the kit does come with a spring. However, it appears the "cap" portion of the housing for the factory bypass valve has changed internally from the DM series engine. I didn't get a chance to take any pics yet, but I'll get under the hood again this evening or tomorrow and upload some pics. So with the different cap, basically the spring that comes with the kit is probably useless as the factory valve doesn't have a spring to replace. The rest of the plate lines up fine, but I'll double check tonight. At first and second quick glances... :p the plate seemed to line up properly.

Part works well, decent whoosh sound when you let off the throttle. However, as the transmission is automatic, the whoosh gets cut short sometimes: due to gear change when letting off the gas - when the transmission downshifts on its own as you slow down, the whoosh gets cut off. Presumably because the computer controls the throttle plate and blips the throttle ever so slightly it seem? (or maybe I'm just imagining it).

Update just got a reply from torcon, they have no idea about the TM series. I better go check that part and make sure it's lined up properly.

Reactions: FishRamLion

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hello everyone. I'm the proud owner of a 2020 Santa Fe 2.0T Luxury. If you have any questions, need anything "video'd", or need better photos, feel free to reach out to me.

I did purchase a Torcon Sound Plate. It is specifically for the DM series 2.0T, but I decided to go ahead with the purchase. I did contact the seller/manufacturer to inquire about compatibility issues....AFTER I bought it and received it....AFTER I installed it...***AFTER I test drove the Santa Fe with the part installed. :p Stupid me. But there's a lot going in life...so please forgive me.

Anyway, the kit does come with a spring. However, it appears the "cap" portion of the housing for the factory bypass valve has changed internally from the DM series engine. I didn't get a chance to take any pics yet, but I'll get under the hood again this evening or tomorrow and upload some pics. So with the different cap, basically the spring that comes with the kit is probably useless as the factory valve doesn't have a spring to replace. The rest of the plate lines up fine, but I'll double check tonight. At first and second quick glances... :p the plate seemed to line up properly.

Part works well, decent whoosh sound when you let off the throttle. However, as the transmission is automatic, the whoosh gets cut short sometimes: due to gear change when letting off the gas - when the transmission downshifts on its own as you slow down, the whoosh gets cut off. Presumably because the computer controls the throttle plate and blips the throttle ever so slightly it seem? (or maybe I'm just imagining it).

Update just got a reply from torcon, they have no idea about the TM series. I better go check that part and make sure it's lined up properly.
What is a Dm series engine?

·
Registered
389 Posts
I don't know what a Dm series engine is. However, on this particular tread, that's the least of my problems. What is a Tcon Sound Plate? Why do you want Vroooom......Whoooosh.....vroooommm...whoooosh anyway? What is a 2.0t luxury?

·
Registered
‘19 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T FWD (Machine Gray/Espresso Gray)
1,815 Posts
I don't know what a Dm series engine is. However, on this particular tread, that's the least of my problems. What is a Tcon Sound Plate? Why do you want Vroooom......Whoooosh.....vroooommm...whoooosh anyway? What is a 2.0t luxury?
There is this great place called Canada. Check out the map. In Canada a brand called Hyundai sells a vehicle model named Santa Fe Luxury.

·
Registered
'20 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T HTRAC
70 Posts
Yup.. here in Canada, we have 4 trims for the Santa Fe... Essential (base model), Preferred, Luxury and Ultimate.

Every trim except for the base comes with HTRAC AWD as standard. Although you can add in the AWD as an option to the base model.

Regarding the whoooosh thing, that is the sound usually coming from a blow-off valve on turbo cars.

·
Registered
389 Posts
There is this great place called Canada. Check out the map. In Canada a brand called Hyundai sells a vehicle model named Santa Fe Luxury.
Well Golly, thanks for that very informative new information about this mysterious place called C-A-N-A-D-A! I appreciate your valuable vast knowledge about our big wide world!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts