Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well this question falls under the rim category but since that thread is now (CLOSED) I'll be starting this (NEW) thread question.

I am very interested in purchasing a set of new wheels but wanted to know if we had a Vossen wheel rep on here for pricing or even to buy from. The wheel my wife wants is: Vossen VVSCV3 CV3 Concave Matte Black w/ Machined Face.

Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Justin

·
Registered
759 Posts
I'm assuming this is the wheel you want?
There is a thread on here somewhere about bolt patterns, do a search for that, you'll know what to start looking for.

Nice looking wheel.... found a couple sites to buy them from:

Vossen Wheels & Rims from an Authorized Dealer

Vossen VVSCV3 CV3 Concave Matte Black w/ Machined Face Wheels

22" Vossen VVSCV3 CV3 Matte Black 2008-2012 BMW X6 Concave Wheels

I've heard good things about CariD before, but never ordered anything myself.

Let us know how it goes...

Attachments

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
I too looked at the Vossen, but ended up going with Niche. They are similar in design, but much less expensive then Vossen.

Niche also also has a tinted clear version (see attached pic) with black surround. I saw a set at the shop where I bought mine and glad I went with these....I much prefer the contrast vs. the stealth look on a black vehicle...but that's just me. Also, with the black surround on the rim and on either side of the spokes gives the impression that the spoke is narrower than it is. I prefer the spoke look wider.

EDIT: Another thing to consider is how "concave" they are going to be. Mine are 8.5", and when I called Niche, they said that they would be concave but not a ton. I asked if I got a 35 offset instead of 45 offset, would they be more concave...he said no. All 8.5" wheels are cast the same. The only difference is how much they shave off the hub on the inside to vary the offsets. I think mine are perfect offset and tire width (255 series). I noted that any lower offset and wider tire, the front wheels would be on the verge of extending past the fender, which is not something I would want nor would like the the look of.

You can see the rest of my pics HERE and HERE both being in the LWB sub forum.

http://www.hyundai-forums.com/277-d...-member-photo-album-2013-santa-fe-lwb-dm.html

Attachments

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I too looked at the Vossen, but ended up going with Niche. They are similar in design, but much less expensive then Vossen.

Niche also also has a tinted clear version (see attached pic) with black surround. I saw a set at the shop where I bought mine and glad I went with these....I much prefer the contrast vs. the stealth look on a black vehicle...but that's just me. Also, with the black surround on the rim and on either side of the spokes gives the impression that the spoke is narrower than it is. I prefer the spoke look wider.
Man those rims are TIGHT and look nice on a Sonata so I think they would also look nice on a SF...

Do they have those Niche in 22"? That is what I want to put on my Sonata?

Attachments

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I've looked at the Niche's, Motivo's, Giovanna's. The Vossen's are quite expesive but nothing compare's to the quality. I was hoping their might have been a rep for them on here to knock the price down a bit. For 22's going through my shop was $2,782.00 w/ tax, w/o tires

the Yokohama parada spec x would be the tire I would go with. The size would be 265/35/22. Just a tad over stock size diameter but enough side wall to keep the ride comfy :)

·
Registered
103 Posts
I see that model of vossen and other but expensive when you compare other wheel brands.

Many other brands and replicas + oem has similar or better styles for the money. But vossen's have cool wheels.

I have more than 8 years using yokohama tires in my cars (ES100, S-drive) they are the best in dry and wet (i dont have snow here). So im going with Parada Spec X B)

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Yeah I've looked at the Niche's, Motivo's, Giovanna's. The Vossen's are quite expesive but nothing compare's to the quality. I was hoping their might have been a rep for them on here to knock the price down a bit. For 22's going through my shop was $2,782.00 w/ tax, w/o tires

the Yokohama parada spec x would be the tire I would go with. The size would be 265/35/22. Just a tad over stock size diameter but enough side wall to keep the ride comfy :)
Yeah, that's why I looked at Vossen, but unless you have money to blow, one has to balance quality and price. I paid several hundred less then that for my entire set up (wheels, tires, spline nuts, hub rings, install and balance and tax in...and tax is 13% here!!).

I contemplated the 22" but found it too little rubber for my liking. I'm not into the super low profile look (like that audi posted above), and plus, I already notice my ride slightly rougher with these 20" over the stock 19". Going up 3" will mean you will feel every pebble on the road. Add a wider tire, and the ride will be that much harsher (and eventually lead to more interior rattles??). But, if that doesn't bother you and you like that look, go for it.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
New Wheels!

Well after a long debate with the wife. She picked out the new Vossen CVT's in 22x9 with a +38 offset. The fitment come out flush with the fender and has a mean stance. Wheels are wraped in Nexen Roadian HP 265/35/22. Actually the ride is really nice even though its a pretty low profile. If anyone has a Instagram account you can follow the Santa Fe progress @SintrexNeo

VossenSFS3.jpg

VossenSFS2.jpg

VossenSFS.jpg

VossenSFS1.jpg

·
Registered
413 Posts
I hate the look of large rims that don't have brakes that fill the inside of the rim. Too me it just looks stupid... Check out those 10" rotors in that 22" gap... That's my opinion anyways....

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
They are nice wheels! Congrats. I too feel that wheels are a bit too big for my liking, and that's why I went 20 rather than 22. But it's not the brakes that bother me, it's the little rubber, especially when you see how close the wheel is to the asphalt. It really is just one of those personal things, and I'm very finicky about it. I like bigger wheels, but there is that fine line for me where the wheel starts to look out of proportion for the rubber.

Anyway, I certainly could live with the 22. I'm with you about a more aggressive stance, and it looks awesome. Big improvement over stock IMO.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks guys, I've been trying to find a Genesis that has the brembo's on it so i can test fit them. I found the brembo brake kit off a 2013 for $700 shipped. I'm air bagging it in a month or 2 next.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Thanks guys, I've been trying to find a Genesis that has the brembo's on it so i can test fit them. I found the brembo brake kit off a 2013 for $700 shipped. I'm air bagging it in a month or 2 next.
Post results when you do it. BTW, my point earlier not having enough rubber, take a look at this...looks totally ridiculous to me.

Geez, there's so little rubber on that Benz , it almost looks like this bonehead....:eek:

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well I have the Santa Fe in shop getting the tires swapped out for Toyo tires. Went from a 265/35/22 to a 255/35/22. I'll post pics later tonight of the difference!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Here's the 2 shots before and after swapping tires. The pics really don't do it any justice but I can tell they are smaller.
265/35/22
VOSSEN.jpeg

255/35/22
VOSSEN1.jpg

·
Registered
289 Posts
Nicely done my friend, loving the look. Thought about matt or gloss black powder coat?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 20 of 26 Posts