Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am really interested in buying the Hyundai Tucson, the only problem is the small luggage compartment, and that you can't remove the airbag in front seat. But other than that it's seems to be a great car for that price.

/aticatac

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
hiya,

i too find the boot small, i have an 8 month baby, and her wheels of the pram takes all of the space..can´t wait for to start walking :D :D , also not disconnecting the airbag in the front is annoying :angry: :angry:

but you said

Originally posted by aticatac@Oct 7 2004, 08:47 AM
Hello,

But other than that it's seems to be a great car for that price.

/aticatac
[snapback]1559[/snapback]​

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Originally posted by inkognito@Nov 12 2004, 05:11 AM
hiya,

i too find the boot small, i have an 8 month baby, and her wheels of the pram takes all of the space..can´t wait for to start walking :D  :D , also not disconnecting the airbag in the front is annoying :angry:  :angry:

but you said
[snapback]2655[/snapback]​

why do you wan't to disable the air bags ???????????????????????

·
Registered
58 Posts
Originally posted by duke@Nov 12 2004, 07:59 AM
why do you wan't to disable the air bags ???????????????????????
[snapback]2666[/snapback]​

It's a child saftey issue. Children under a certain age can (and have been) killed by the passenger front airbags. Pressure from these airbags are designed more towards the young adult and adult body.

There are several MFG's that have the feature were you can temporarily disable the front passenger airbag, by using the ignition key.

A side note though... Here in California, an infant or child under (I beleive 30 pounds or 3-4 years of age... correct me on this), but in general, the child should always be seated in the back seats.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Originally posted by lbocean@Nov 14 2004, 01:32 AM
It's a child saftey issue.  Children under a certain age can (and have been) killed by the passenger front airbags.  Pressure from these airbags are designed more towards the young adult and adult body.

There are several MFG's that have the feature were you can temporarily disable the front passenger airbag, by using the ignition key.

A side note though... Here in California, an infant or child under (I beleive 30 pounds or 3-4 years of age... correct me on this), but in general, the child should always be seated in the back seats.
[snapback]2748[/snapback]​

when it comes to child safety remember the tuscon comes with isofix connections. I bought an iosfix child seat that clips onto the main frame of the car (after a bit of manovering), then you just add the strap into the boot. Its much more safer than any child seat in the front or back that uses the seat belt.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Originally posted by aticatac@Oct 6 2004, 10:47 PM
Hello,

I am really interested in buying the Hyundai Tucson, the only problem is the small luggage compartment, and that you can't remove the airbag in front seat. But other than that it's seems to be a great car for that price.

/aticatac
[snapback]1559[/snapback]​

Hi aticatac,
I have a canadian market Tucson and it automatically shuts down the passenger air bag if it detects less than 57 pounds weight in the seat. From 57 to 108 the air bag will deploy in the reduced force stage 1, and above 108 in the normal stage 2. It even has a sensor that knows if a person is sitting too close to the dash (5 seat-track clicks from the front), so that it only deploys in stage 1.
Does yours not have a indicator on the dash that says the passenger bag is off when there is no-one in it?

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Originally posted by Laspalmas@Dec 7 2004, 04:15 PM
Hi aticatac,
I have a canadian market Tucson and it automatically shuts down the passenger air bag if it detects less than 57 pounds weight in the seat. From 57 to 108 the air bag will deploy in the reduced force stage 1, and above 108 in the normal stage 2. It even has a sensor that knows if a person is sitting too close to the dash (5 seat-track clicks from the front), so that it only deploys in stage 1.
Does yours not have a indicator on the dash that says the passenger bag is off when there is no-one in it?
[snapback]3413[/snapback]​

Of course, the USA cars are the same as ours here in Canada. When you pot a child seat & the child in, the the massage will tell you, wether or not the passenger bag is armed (no message = bag is armed)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Originally posted by duke@Dec 7 2004, 05:10 PM
Of course, the USA cars are the same as ours here in Canada. When you pot a child seat & the child in, the the massage will tell you, wether or not the passenger bag is armed (no message = bag is armed)
[snapback]3415[/snapback]​

Hello Duke
Actually the Canadian Tucson's are different than the US: for some reason, we don't get side or curtain air bags standard or as an option. And our trim levels are also different:
GL 2.0 $19,995cnd
GL 2.0 $21,415cnd gets you A/C
GL 2.0 $22,415cnd gets you A/C & Auto
GL 2.7 2WD $24,865cnd gets you the V6 & bodyside cladding
GL 2.7 AWD $27,145cnd gets you AWD and fog lights
GLS 2.7 AWD $28,725cnd gets you heated leather seats/wheel/shifter and moonroof

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Originally posted by Laspalmas@Dec 8 2004, 06:46 AM
Hello Duke
Actually the Canadian Tucson's are different than the US: for some reason, we don't get side or curtain air bags standard or as an option. And our trim levels are also different:
GL 2.0 $19,995cnd
GL 2.0 $21,415cnd gets you A/C
GL 2.0 $22,415cnd gets you A/C & Auto
GL 2.7 2WD $24,865cnd gets you the V6 & bodyside cladding
GL 2.7 AWD $27,145cnd  gets you AWD and fog lights
GLS 2.7 AWD $28,725cnd gets you heated leather seats/wheel/shifter and moonroof
[snapback]3426[/snapback]​

Forgot to add:
US models are GL, GLS and LX. The GLS gives you a leather wrapped wheel but with cloth seats, rear cargo shelf among other differences. And the European and Australian models are very different, including a diesel model.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts