Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been chomping away on my i10's soft(ish) paint for a few days.

I've managed to rinse it off a few times and wax the **** out of it. But its scary to see some of the marks it's left behind. Might be worth giving yours a once over. Look for marks on the glass while you at it. It took me a good few hours with some T-Cut to remove small circular rings from the drivers door glass. Nothing else would touch them.

If I stuck a wick where the aerial is I could use my i10 has a candle there's that much wax on the thing.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Just wash the car and then use some clay on it. That should remove bits from the coat. Then wash it again and wax. Never wax with the stuff embedded into the paintwork and try to avoid polishers like T-cut when possible.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (scm @ Apr 21 2010, 02:24 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=315246
Just wash the car and then use some clay on it. That should remove bits from the coat. Then wash it again and wax. Never wax with the stuff embedded into the paintwork and try to avoid polishers like T-cut when possible.

It's the glass I had to T-Cut, not the bodywork. I just rinsed the car, washed and waxed. But this stuff likes Indian glass !

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
You can use clay on glass too............
Or try Viakal.
On my old Sierra there were some terrible 'stains' on the glass, Viakal got 'em off. I didn't let it go on the paintwork though, just in case! I put a few drops on an old cloth and worked it into the stains, let it sit for a minute or two and then wiped away :grin:

·
Registered
47 Posts
I saw a friend's i10 last night. It had been similarly affected by the ash. Wouldn't wash off the paintwork with water apparently, needed firm action with a sponge and shampoo and left a few small scratches. The glass needed a lot of effort as well, the passengers window hadn't been cleaned by then and had lots of staining on it.

My i30 has been parked outside since the ash thing but I've been lucky and not got any (yet).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts