Hyundai Forums banner

401 - 420 of 429 Posts

·
Registered
13,276 Posts
My neighbor's house slipping into some type of space rip. . .

Click for Larger
Now, I gotta ask...

Was that for "effect", or the damm camera just wouldn't hold still? ;)

I did the same thing with my Olympus. Even the tripod couldn't overcome the wind the other night. :D

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #403
Now, I gotta ask...

Was that for "effect", or the damm camera just wouldn't hold still? ;)

I did the same thing with my Olympus. Even the tripod couldn't overcome the wind the other night. :D
Was heading out, saw the neighbor had the house about 90% done and I grabbed my smartphone to take a couple shots. I shake, the car shakes warming up. Let's just call this a happy accident :)

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #404
Not a filter or special effect, just a flash and steam from the humidifier. Going to move some stuff around, wait until dark and try again with some lighting from the side. Not bad for a cell phone, huh?

Click the image for full size.

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #406
Found this while doing a major clean of the house. At first we thought it was something my mom got when as a young girl she went to Mardi Gras but further examination and with some cleaning and new glasses reveal a date of 1983. Confirmed the 'Song of the South' theme on the Krewe's site. Still, a 34 year old gimme has got to be reasonably rare.

As always, that's a thumbnail. Click for the big size.

·
Registered
13,276 Posts
More fun with the humidifier a stack of rocks and some lighting provided by a small flashlight.

Remember to click the above for full size images.

The second one looks like Sam Spade is lurking in the background...:D

·
Registered
13,276 Posts
I didn't see that until you pointed it out. It really does. Did you see the weird, demon face in the one from the 16th?

LOL! I saw the wisps, but didn't notice the face...

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #413
Local carwash has neon and flashing lights, there might be music playing but I never hear it. Technology has come a long way, they've figured out how to get a decent coat of Rain-X on the windshield while also getting something on just the tires to shine them. Spooky!

I remember when washing the salt off the undercarriage of the car was a big thing. Image makes a nice wallpaper.

It's a good thing the owner of this Honda is the manager of a tire/service shop, he's got to go through tires and oil pans like mad. I honestly hate those canted (whatever they're called) wheels. It must shave the backs of snakes and forget speedbumps.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Cool. I have to make time to play with 3D printing. Made a tiny cylinder thingy on a library printer a couple years ago. Now my work place has them.

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #416
Cool. I have to make time to play with 3D printing. Made a tiny cylinder thingy on a library printer a couple years ago. Now my work place has them.
Fully assembled, new in box, the white is under $200 on Amazon (barely). Monoprice Select Mini v2. Had it just a few days, happy so far.

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #417
Dial on the aftermarket head unit was terrible to turn especially while driving. This was a slip-on cover designed for my printer which I sized down to fit the stereo and colored black with a Sharpie because I was too lazy to load the black filament :)

Please pardon the glare from the flash.

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #418
I was going through my old pictures, this one was shot in 2013, looking for things I haven't yet shared.
I was taking a break at a car show enjoying a book on my Kindle. I looked up and this young lady was sitting across from me deeply involved in her book. Grabbed a candid, read a while longer and went back to the cars.

click for larger

401 - 420 of 429 Posts