Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 429 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm a fairly avid amateur photographer and after checking with Montego (thanks Montego!) I thought I'd set up a thread to share some of my favorite shots with my new Hyundai friends.

If anyone's interested the greater majority of the pictures have been produced with two Kodak Z series cameras. An older 6MP Z650 with 10X optical zoom and my newer 12MP BSI Z990 with 30X optical zoom.

I live in on the East coast in Central Florida. We're about 40 - 50 miles South of Cape Canaveral Air Station/Kennedy Space Center... Which brings us to the subject of my first two images.

These are (and for all future posts) just cropped thumbnails to cut down on loading time on the forums. Clicking on them will open the full size images that I'm hosting on my web site.

Saturn V rocket launch. 16 sec (camera max) exposure. 4:05 AM 08-30-2012. Streetlight couldn't be helped.

Also a 16 sec. exposure. About 45 seconds after launch. You can see some of the rocket's smoke trail in the clouds on the left.

3 - 2 - 1... CLICK!

·
Premium Member
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bought my mom some flowers just for the heck of it...

This guy was just hanging out in my garage. I shooed him outside after
snapping his picture.

Boredom & bb-gun meet a Quarter and art is created....

Remember to click the thumbnails to see the full size images.

·
Premium Member
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm glad you're enjoying them pare_john!

For today, how about something from the creepy side? Spiders!

sometimes a bad picture can turn out to be a good picture. I think the camera shake adds a great deal to the image.

As always. Clicking the small will get you the big!

·
Premium Member
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Comments are always welcome!

Still amazed you can get this level of detail with a point & shoot camera.

Found these keys in the grocery store parking lot. They screamed "Photograph us!"
I wish I'd had my camera there, they looked so lonely and forlorn laying there on the pavement so I gave them a home.

Large flowering tree. Taken in a nearby park. No idea what kind of tree/flower it is.

Click the thumbnails above to see the full size images!

·
Premium Member
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Beware of what?! This was at a retention pond in the middle of a shopping center.

After flinging a katydid at me this bird took flight.

The Photographer in the Haematite... "Hi!"

I really like this close-up image of an old bud vase.

Clicketh the smaller to see the bigger!

·
6,836 Posts
Voivod - you've got a really interesting style that is unique and your own. I am surrounded by photographers - my sister and husband included - and they have their own unique styles. But your style is different yet - and I like it!

·
Premium Member
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
And... some more photos.

This was before I even paid for it...

Not mine. Wish it was. Love this style Harley.

People, at the beach.

A note about this moon photo. This was taken just after sunrise without
the use of a tripod. I'm amazed at the level of detail I was able to capture.

Clicking the above will make them easier to see. Really!

·
Premium Member
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Just some more pictures... enjoy!

Found this shell sitting on the Melbourne Beach boardwalk. Happened
to stick it in the railing and hey presto! A photographic moment.

This lead-crystal ball has hung from the mirror of every car I've driven
since I was sixteen years old. Note, the points have all been bashed off
by repeated impacts with numerous windshields :)

Flowers for mom's birthday. Almost looks like an oil painting. No
Photoshop effects were actually used...

Click the above to see them bigger.

·
Premium Member
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
We had a windstorm the other day, it blew this nest down out of the palm in front of the house.

A while back a couple raccoons or possibly opossums or maybe even armadillos were having an orgy on the screen enclosure and tore out a roof panel. We're still trying to get it fixed and this morning a male Cardinal flew in and couldn't find his way out again. His wife was outside having hysterics. After snapping a few photos (just couldn't pass up the opportunity) I was able to help him find the door and his way to freedom.
The first shot was resized and then cropped. The second is a straight 100% crop. While the 2nd is the more 'true' image I personally think I prefer the first. And yes, I was lazy and used the same thumbnail for both :)

Click and they will be embiggened. I promise.

·
Premium Member
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
While taking my mom to a doctor's appointment yesterday I came across a clearing alongside the road where the trees were covered with Spanish Moss and the light was just perfect. I couldn't resist pulling over and snapping a few shots. This is why I never leave the house without a camera.

Click for larger!

1 - 20 of 429 Posts