Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2022 Tucson Hybrid Ultimate
59 Posts
I just use Android auto to make calls and not the vehicle's own infotainment system. I say hey google call "person's name". You can also press the microphone button on the infotainment screen through car play or android auto.

If you press the voice command button on the steering wheel, it defaults to using the car's infotainment to make a call which does not have my address book. Google and Apple Car play are better voice controls than the car's infotainment. I don't have my contacts loaded into the car and don't really see the need.

Same idea as the navigation system. I use google for navigation, not the internal navigation.

· Registered
2022 Tucson Hybrid Ultimate
59 Posts
It's a feature of Andriod auto, you just need to configure it in your phone. I'm sure apple car play has the same thing. It's turned off by default or if you have a really old phone that doesn't support it.

Your phone does not need to be woken up. Just connected wirelessly or by cable depending on the trim level.

When you're connected on android auto or apple car play the whole point is not having to touch your phone. Just press the microphone button on your infotainment screen and interact with your phone via voice command. i.e. press microphone button, say call <person's name>.

You can also send a text or WhatsApp message this way. Press microphone, say text <person's name>.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts