Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2023 Tucson Limited
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to use the voice recognition and continue to get a message...
"Contacts are not ready to use with Voice Recognition. Please try again later"
Not sure what I might be doing wrong, any help would be great.

Attachments

·
Registered
2016 Hyundai Tucson, Limited, Caribbean Blue, 1.6 liter TDI, 7-spd DCT
19 Posts
Double check your phone's permissions and make sure that "Tucson" connection has access to contacts. Same thing happened to me and I found that the contacts permission toggle had been turned off, not sure how, but it fixed the issue when I turned it back on.

·
Registered
2023 Tucson Limited
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Double check your phone's permissions and make sure that "Tucson" connection has access to contacts. Same thing happened to me and I found that the contacts permission toggle had been turned off, not sure how, but it fixed the issue when I turned it back on.
I have done that and have downloaded the contacts trough the phone menu on the radio and still not working. thanks for the suggestion.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Trying to use the voice recognition and continue to get a message...
"Contacts are not ready to use with Voice Recognition. Please try again later"
Not sure what I might be doing wrong, any help would be great.
Hello, did you ever get your voice recognition problem resolved? I am having the exact same issue with the exact message. My car is 2 weeks old and I've had it to the dealer who also could not fix this. Contacts are not ready for voice recognition you got to resolve and can pass that along to me. Thank you.

·
Registered
2023 Tucson Limited
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hello, did you ever get your voice recognition problem resolved? I am having the exact same issue with the exact message. My car is 2 weeks old and I've had it to the dealer who also could not fix this. Contacts are not ready for voice recognition you got to resolve and can pass that along to me. Thank you.
I have not got this issue resolved yet.

·
Registered
2022 Tucson Hybrid Ultimate
50 Posts
I just use Android auto to make calls and not the vehicle's own infotainment system. I say hey google call "person's name". You can also press the microphone button on the infotainment screen through car play or android auto.

If you press the voice command button on the steering wheel, it defaults to using the car's infotainment to make a call which does not have my address book. Google and Apple Car play are better voice controls than the car's infotainment. I don't have my contacts loaded into the car and don't really see the need.

Same idea as the navigation system. I use google for navigation, not the internal navigation.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thx. To wake up my phone I need to press the on/off button once which is distracting while driving. I can't just say "hey Google" and expect the phone to wake up and respond to my request for it to call my contact unless I push that button. But I just heard about a device called AA wireless, which allows you to use your Android Auto without a cable. Supposedly I won't need to wake up my phone manually. Just say hey Google and the phone will wake up and communicate to the console. These devices cost about $85.

·
Registered
2022 Tucson Hybrid Ultimate
50 Posts
It's a feature of Andriod auto, you just need to configure it in your phone. I'm sure apple car play has the same thing. It's turned off by default or if you have a really old phone that doesn't support it.

Your phone does not need to be woken up. Just connected wirelessly or by cable depending on the trim level.

When you're connected on android auto or apple car play the whole point is not having to touch your phone. Just press the microphone button on your infotainment screen and interact with your phone via voice command. i.e. press microphone button, say call <person's name>.

You can also send a text or WhatsApp message this way. Press microphone, say text <person's name>.

·
Registered
2022 Tucson
506 Posts
Thx. To wake up my phone I need to press the on/off button once which is distracting while driving. I can't just say "hey Google" and expect the phone to wake up and respond to my request for it to call my contact unless I push that button. But I just heard about a device called AA wireless, which allows you to use your Android Auto without a cable. Supposedly I won't need to wake up my phone manually. Just say hey Google and the phone will wake up and communicate to the console. These devices cost about $85.
Yes you can use Google Voice without waking up the phone it's a setting in Google. N9 device for that needed.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts