Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe sport. The voice recognition has never worked. I brought it back to the dealer 3 times and now they are telling me its an issue between the GPS and radio interface in the unit (software). But its taken close to 3 months just to get that answer. Now I'm waiting for one of the two techs in the northeast that MIGHT be able to fix the problem whenever they get around to my area. Might? I didn't buy a used car from Chucks Automart.

The issue is the voice commands hear, but can't speak. The volume was checked, the system was rebooted, the SD card was replaced and nothing is working. I asked if replacing the unit would fix the problem and they said no. That's when I told them it sounds like you have a much larger issue with ALL of the technology on your vehicles. That was met with an awkward silence, but in my head all I heard was, DING!!! We have a winner!!!

Has anyone had any luck trying to fix the issue on their own. I tried calling customer service to complain to someone with some authority in Hyundai and all I got was a general PO Box address, like writing a letter to Santa Claus. Obviously Hyundai has issues with technology. A PO box for hand written letters in 2013...really?!?!? That's sad coming from a big company like this. But no worries I let everyone who asks me about Hyundai to steer clear, they may have gotten me but I'll make sure they don't get anyone else I know. Bright lights and commercials but still being run like a small used car dealership that gives out free hams with every car purchase.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
I recently bought a 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe sport. The voice recognition has never worked. I brought it back to the dealer 3 times and now...
In MA I believe that would qualify you for Lemon Law assistance. Which could mean returning the vehicle for a refund. I see you also have a "Lemon Law" in NJ. http://www.state.nj.us/lps/ca/ocp/lembroc.pdf

If your issue qualifies under the NJ Lemon Law, citing that to the dealer might get you faster/better service.

Another route might be to try another dealer.

I asked if replacing the unit would fix the problem and they said no.
Ask, how about replacing the car with a new one under the "Lemon Law"?

John

·
Registered
2 Posts
I recently bought a 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe sport. The voice recognition has never worked. I brought it back to the dealer 3 times and now they are telling me its an issue between the GPS and radio interface in the unit (software). But its taken close to 3 months just to get that answer. Now I'm waiting for one of the two techs in the northeast that MIGHT be able to fix the problem whenever they get around to my area. Might? I didn't buy a used car from Chucks Automart.

The issue is the voice commands hear, but can't speak. The volume was checked, the system was rebooted, the SD card was replaced and nothing is working. I asked if replacing the unit would fix the problem and they said no. That's when I told them it sounds like you have a much larger issue with ALL of the technology on your vehicles. That was met with an awkward silence, but in my head all I heard was, DING!!! We have a winner!!!

Has anyone had any luck trying to fix the issue on their own. I tried calling customer service to complain to someone with some authority in Hyundai and all I got was a general PO Box address, like writing a letter to Santa Claus. Obviously Hyundai has issues with technology. A PO box for hand written letters in 2013...really?!?!? That's sad coming from a big company like this. But no worries I let everyone who asks me about Hyundai to steer clear, they may have gotten me but I'll make sure they don't get anyone else I know. Bright lights and commercials but still being run like a small used car dealership that gives out free hams with every car purchase.
I'm with you on not recommending Hyundai. I bought a 2013 NEW in 2013 from the dealer. I've had so many issues to list, but the most recent one is similar to yours. When I push the voice command button with my phone connected it does not wait for any commands, but automatically dials the last number I called. If I shut off my phone, it will make the "go ahead and speak" tone, but does not recognize any of my voice commands. I have to say, the socal dealers were pretty good while it was under warranty, but this issue is just one of MANY! (Needed new engine at 100K, new transmission at 123K....) Good luck sir.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts