Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The voice command (on steering wheel) button doesn't work in my Kona. I get the message "this feature is available when you connect a phone supporting Android Auto or Apple CarPlay using a USB cable."

It's really annoying, because I can't start a phone call (or do any other voice commnds) handsfree unless my phone is physically connected to the car with USB.

Does anyone else have this problem? Does the system work for others?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
167 Posts
Press it once don't hold it. Read your owners manual also it will tell you there as well how to operate it.:smile:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Press it once don't hold it. Read your owners manual also it will tell you there as well how to operate it.:smile:
Thanks for the advice. I do just press it once (no hold), the way I would in my previous Elantra.

My vehicle only came with the owner's manual, no multimedia/bluetooth guide

·
Registered
167 Posts
Don't bottom out the button. Press it lightly and let go. Don't keep your finger on it.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Thanks for the advice. I do just press it once (no hold), the way I would in my previous Elantra.

My vehicle only came with the owner's manual, no multimedia/bluetooth guide
Go back and ask SALES where the rest of your book set is

Reactions: stafordsnow

·
Registered
167 Posts
Go to the touch screen, swipe left and press settings, then voice command, make sure it's on beginner. Make sure you don't have your phone plugged into the USB port. With you thumb, simply press the voice command button once for a half a second and let go. Otherwise, as fast as you press it, let go of it. You will have a prompt from the voice command, without the little screen popping up telling you to connect your device. It can be a little tricky at first but just push the button for about a half a second and let g as quickly. If you push it for a full second, it will default in an attempt to utilize Apple car-play or whatever the call it for Android and give you the same prompt screen. Once you've done this several times, you will easily master the required touch.:smile:

Peace and Blessings

·
Registered
167 Posts
Good guess since no one else has responded.:smile:

Mine works just fine, as it's explained in the media portion of the owners manual. Don't know what to tell you, except take it to the dealer where you bought it from and let them explain the function and how to. Good Luck!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Unfortunately it seems that in latest Konas voice command WITHOUT Android Auto connected is not supported anymore....

Even the Multimedia User Manual, where it shows the voice command button, it has a small reference to check the Phone Projection User Manual (for AndroidAuto or CarPlay)

Στάλθηκε από το SM-G930F μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

·
Registered
167 Posts
Voice command works for both the phone and navigation. You don't have to have a phone pair for navigation.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Voice command works for both the phone and navigation. You don't have to have a phone pair for navigation.
It seems it depends on the country! In Greece there is not even navigation without paired phone...

Στάλθηκε από το SM-G930F μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts