Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Is that a flat blue color? Did you do that yourself? It looks very clean except for the remote. I think it's gonna look cool for a while and then if you get bored with it take it off. Look forward to seeing the pics.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Watch this video - Plasti dip your car... Pretty cool how you can spray your car and peel it off when you want... I was a little nervous when I saw this guy just start spraying his Audi.

·
Registered
17 Posts
He is not plasti dipping his car, he is doing a wrap.
I fully understand that & I wasn't trying to jack this thread, Sorry OP.. Just saw that video awhile ago when I was looking at vinyl graphics and thought I would post it. Both products are similar if your looking to change the color of your car..

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I won't plastidip my car. My buddy does it and it really sucks on the finish of your car over a long period of time.

Yea the key is a little weak I'm gonna redo it soon. I'm doing this 100% on my own. The vinyl is Hexis Pitch Blue Metallic Matte. I love the way it looks and how it feels working with it.

Posting an update

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
As for maintaining the wrap its not too hard. With a matte finish the dust just appears right away so weekly washes are a must to keep it looking good. Never scrub or rub it. You can actually run luster into the vinyl. I will either hand wash or touchless only. Every now and then I'll go over with Maguires Quick Detailer. That's about it really. I'll be keeping extra on hand too. If I get some damage from rocks on the highway I can tear it off and take s Saturday afternoon to rewrap a section

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
vinyl itself is pretty awesome, and some awesome colors available. Washing is easy but if you're not careful it will be scratched and you can't buff it out...
Actually the nice thing about vinyl is because it's so flexible light scratches will come out with heat. So if you do accidentally get a superficial scratch that hasn't broken through the layer you can carefully take a heat gun to it or let the sun do the job.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
wrap...

I really like the contrast between the two colors. They remind me of the psychedelia posters of the '60s and black lighting... then there was that bad trip on prom night... but I digress... :eek:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
oh that's a Hexis wrap? It looks a bit like the Alsa blue velvet but I see quite a few M3's with that wrap... it just looks so smooth.... I like it.... but in my family my dad loves his cars to be blue.... so all the cars are blue.... im traumatized by the color
Lmao some how all of mine have been red

1 - 20 of 47 Posts