Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if there is a way to tell what production number your car is by the VIN number? (i.e. - I have a 1939 ford tractor with the serial number 5425 which means it was the 5425th ford N tractor ever built). Being built in America, I thought it would be interesting to know what number my Sonata was to come off the assembly line. Maybe the VIN is just random except for the model code etc .......... just curious.

Thanks.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:grin: :liebe011: Thanks, now I have to go out at lunch and see what number I got. I will let you know. Not sure why I wanted to know this, just one of those things I guess.

Have a GREAT day!!

·
Registered
817 Posts
Yes,

According to the Shop Manual, the last 6 digits are the "Vehicle Production Sequence Number".

See my signature, below, for where you can download the Shop Manual and more.

·
Registered
854 Posts
#39,650

·
Registered
90 Posts
My last 6 digits put mine over the 100,000 mark :)

·
Registered
95 Posts
#123012 here

Haven't seen that many past #115000 on most lots. Hopefully the higher the number means the less problems I run into. Some dealers are desperate to sell their #08xxxx - #09xxxx cars and giving really good deals.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So ............... going by this information, mine was #1825 to come off the assembly line. To me, that is pretty cool. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
724 Posts
5881 do I win something ??? hUH HUH , DO I ??? :grin:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts